Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:01:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPlay testers for CCG game (free but early access)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Play testers for CCG game (free but early access)  (Read 888 times)
thondal
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2019, 10:02:01 PM »

We have been working on this game on and off for several years now and we are currently in early access. We need play testers to help us work on the card balancing, help with wiki and to find any weaknesses that we can improve to make the game more fun and interesting. (think hearthstone/magic but just not as good)
We currently have about 2000 registered players, but we need active testers who can help out and send us bug reports etc.
NO installation or plugins needed
Game: https://dragonevo.net
Short video of the games highlights:

Wiki: https://dragonevo.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Evo_Wiki
Discord server: https://discord.gg/mZP4e9V
What is Dragon Evo:TCG? Dragon Evo:TCG is a free online card game with elements of RPG and tradition CCGs. The game is set in the Dragon Evo fantasy universe, where you must choose one of the rivaling factions on the continent of Erendor. Choose your path wisely - bring peace and balance to the land or complete domination.
Planned Features (These are some of the features planned or allready in the game)
Upgrade cards and their actions.
Train abilities and combine cards for more powerful effects.
Create a game character, level up your character and gain abilities throughout the game. Immersive Singeplayer story for each of the three factions.
Multiplayer battles with several gamemodes
Ranking system with leaderboards
Beautiful artwork for each card.
Rich story, background and lore for each factions and the fantasy world of Erendor.
Free to play design and not pay to win Plugin free - (Pure browser based game. (Tablet/ipad is also kind of working.)
Game is currently in early access and several features is yet to be implemented.We are trying to build up a active userbase as well as adding new features and maintaining the wiki.
Wiki: https://dragonevo.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Evo_Wiki
Discord server: https://discord.gg/mZP4e9V
Game: https://dragonevo.net
The website for the game(blog.dragonevo.net) is currently being reworked meanwhile the game is accessible for everyone. And again, it's free for everyone to play.
Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 02:09:35 PM »

Hey there, Feedback incoming!

Well, i locked myself out of the tutorial since i clicked my card, an empty area and then onto a face down enemy card. Nothing happend, i could not go back. Reload page "Great first fight/End of Tutorial" Oh... okay. I choose the hardest faction because i grew up with every single TCG that was thrown at our faces. MTG, YGO, Pokemon, WOW - You name it, i played it. Even the most strange ones, where you rubbed off lifepoints... What a freaking monetization haha.

So, back into your game. I thought... "Well, how hard could it be to just attack someone?"

Oh, the Factions. Their Symbols dont even are near what they are representing. I thought 'Sword and Shield / White Faction' was all about defense, healing and stuff. You know, like in every other TCG i played so far? The Paladins? The... Wheenies? The cool guys? Nah, they work with 'strange' and such.

Those Reddies are like "We're the Bowmen! Huzzah" and i thought they are brute, quick barbarians. Because that what i've learned what red meant in most games. Fire. Ruthless Attacks. Attacks en masse and such. Nah, they're the Ranged Masters. Cool.

Violet. "Oh, they must about Death, vile Magic and such!" nah, They are practially the Knights of the table. Armor and big Attacks. Eh, guess color means nothing anymore? Or was it like Rarity? White is Common, Violet is Epic and Red is Artefact? Symbols and Colors, allthough i dont would recommend changing, should be at least somehow... represent that what we already know.

Well, back into the game. I thought i just go on and play a quick adventure to learn the cards i have. Placed my Pickaxe Guy in the Backrow (if he cant attack, who cares, i have plenty of other guys that can do that). Well, first round... i faced the very first strange thing: Card Overlapping and going all wild crazy blinking. Makes chossing one very very hard. But i fought through, i wanted to test this game.

So, after a Minute i finally got hands on the cards i wanted to play. Bowmen in back, melees in front. As we know it. Second round. Cant attack "Not enough gold for this action" So may for some it cost gold to attack. This was meantioned in the tutorial before i got locked.

So i waited four more rounds in which i could not do anything. I could not attack, i could not do any abilities (Do those units have some abilities? I found none) After another couple rounds where i watched the boars attack i was horrible bored...

I am really into pve-card games. But this was a bad experience for me. Maybe... try to play your game and do what is recommened a lot: Go crazy. Go extreme! Break your game. That way you learn the quickest what you can do to avoid problems some users may experience.

Does this game has potential? Mh. Straight up, looking at the TCG and CCG Market? Absolutely not (yet!). You probably need the 'Twist' to set you up to be known "The game whith the insane feature of XYZ! So Awesome!"

As i stat down, i wrote down everything that i didnt like in the genres i played and thought "Well, i make it different!". What drove you to make this game? Did you play most of CCGs and TCGs and thought "You know what. They all miss Feature X!" or "Wouldnt it be funny if you would have to pay your troops to attack?" or something like that?

Keep on making your game, finish it, make your vision come alive. In the end i am just a random stranger on the internet. Finish your game, thats what is important. Your vision. Your game.

Stay crunchy.
thondal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 02:49:17 AM »

Hi @Narsiph and thanks for the honest feedback.

I completely agree with you that there is currently a little bit too many bugs present and perhaps not every bug can be hidden behind the excuse early access. At least the tutorial should be functional and we will have a look at it too see what is causing the issue that you and some others are experiencing.

In terms of colors, well.. we may not follow what you have experienced before in terms of what colors means, but I see your point that perhaps the strenghts of the factions that are listed and explained in the gameguide(https://dragonevo.gamepedia.com) could be more present in the starter deck.

In terms of abilites all cards have their abilities, in most cases that is an attack, but sometimes those attacks have extra abilites like, heal card behind active card, or explode upon die, or like the Drak eagle egg which is just annoying and hatches into a little annoying bird upon death, but these abilites are not always very visible for the player and the effects they do, are not always that visible either and this is 100% our fault for not making it clear enough and we are working on resolving that.

In terms of your experience with adventures, we currently found a gamebreaking bug in the Adventure mode that made it impossible to play. In order to make it somewhat playable we applied a quickfix which causes the players cards to be almost unplayable for the first two rounds... again, not a good experience.  The overlapping is caused by an issue in Firefox and is not present in chrome. Not an excuse ofcourse, but this will be resolved as well.

All in all, we really appreciate your feedback and we will work hard on trying to resolve some of your issue. I do hope you will join us on discord and perhaps give your honest feedback in the future as well.
Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 06:42:03 PM »

Heya.

Hit me up after a major update and i go over it again and give you Feedback.

Keep on and stay crunchy.
thondal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 11:16:20 PM »

That I will. We currently have patched the tutorial, the bug in firefox which caused the cards to jitter/jump around etc.
And we are working hard on breaking the game to fix issues we may have overlooked Smiley

I'll give you a heads up in about a month.  Coffee
thondal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 04:31:36 PM »

We're very grateful for all of the feedback we've got  after our invite to play test DragonEvo.

All this feedback as well as working with an external resource has made us take a step back and revisit some of the core gameplay mechanics to improve the experience and move it closer to our vision. These changes include reworking some of the main gameplay features, as well as implementing the feedback we've gathered so far. Much of this will happen on the main server, but we will keep you posted as soon as changes are implemented.

We will also post another development update early August when vacaition time is over.
thondal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 10:37:19 PM »

Our next patch is still in the making as we are updating the underlying framework of the game. Here are some of the things that will change in the next patch and weeks after:
  • New Attack back system - When a card is attacked, it will automatically "attack back" using the card's main action.
  • New redone adventures - Adventures will now challenge the player much more and hopefully be more fun (will be continuously improved based on player feedback)
  • Better loading times - Yes we know, it took ages. We've fixed it and now everything should work much more smoothly
  • Balancing changes - with the help of an external resource we will be implementing a new system for balancing cards. This will make the different factions play better on their strengths and weaknesses.
  • Powered up deck builder - we're implementing several changes to the deck builder based on player feedback, making it easier to find cards, add cards, and tweak those special setups for maximum deck power
  • Rewards  - You will be rewarded for playing the game more often
  • Market - We're transforming the way the market works by adding a player-controlled marketplace. Sell your best cards (or just your trash cards) on the market to boost your gold. We're also making it a lot simpler to grow your collection with a variety of different cards.
  • Acquiring cards - You will now receive cards in many more parts of the game, no longer relying on having to purchase cards on the market to grow your deck

Join us on discord to discuss these changes: https://discord.gg/mZP4e9V
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 05:45:35 PM »

Hi Thondal,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

thondal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 11:33:58 AM »

Thanks for testing and the video Smiley

I saw that you experienced the a bug which makes it hard to select and click the correct card sometimes.
I will make sure this bug has priority in our next update as this is causing headache for us all Smiley

Hope you will join us on discord meanwhile and continue to give your feedback once the new patch "Frozen fish" is out.
The "Frozen Fish" update will also adress the sluggish issue you experienced and we will continue to improve the speed as the beta progresses. We are actually rewriting several hundred lines of codes to lay the groundwork to get the game a lot quicker and more responsive. It might not be 100% quicker in the next update, but I promise you, these are issues we are working hard to resolve.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic