Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:22:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHavoc Zone - REVITALIZED!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Havoc Zone - REVITALIZED!  (Read 11352 times)
Redwire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 11:51:43 AM »

Wow this thing look epic Shocked

Programming for the mass
Ruby | Python | Lua
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »

Awesome work squirrelsquid....

I can't wait to play it Smiley

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Zaphos
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »

I saw your awesome post in the pixels thread, Squirrelsquid ... so how's the game going?  I miss this thread Smiley
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 02:47:26 AM »

I saw your awesome post in the pixels thread, Squirrelsquid ... so how's the game going?  I miss this thread Smiley

YOUR VOICE SHALL BE HEARD!  Gentleman

Development in the coding side has been slow - at least - that leaves me the time to make the gamedesign as clear and detailed as possible, while still retaining a maximum of conformaty and integrety in the core gamedesign mechanics.

So - we finalized the ship list! we are going all out on this, and make it the most perfect shmup I ever imagined! ( personaly that is )

There are some potential WOW things planed, so we won't spoil too much, but for now: Enjoy the 'Public' Master Ship List  Beer!

there is also a TIGer sauce exclusive: The TAS-P01 Sylph.

That's all for now, hope you guys enjoy the update.  Grin
null & void
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 03:19:49 AM »

ohmydearsweetgods.

This revived at the perfect time. This game looks like it will be SERIOUSLY awesome.

Oh, and your art is INSANE. How did you get those skills? If I eat your brains will I get your skills? Seriously, this stuff is -amazing.-
Hajo
Level 5

Dream Mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 03:22:54 AM »

Oh, and your art is INSANE. How did you get those skills? If I eat your brains will I get your skills? Seriously, this stuff is -amazing.-

Insane arts. I'll study the screenies pixel for pixel to learn how to do that!

Per aspera ad astra
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 04:52:50 AM »

Awesome ship design there. Totally stoked for this.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 05:32:29 AM »

Thanks for the good feedback, guys! I am delighted that my vision is taken so positivly :D

How did you get those skills? If I eat your brains will I get your skills?

Just pixeling for about 15 years should give some experience Grin

and about the brain - maybe, if you are sylar and can strategly dismember my brain >:3 Though I would certainly prefer the peter petrelli solution - painless and less evil!
( I am still working on an effects animation workshop... hold on for that, good stuff takes time - and good stuff + almost a handfull of serious projects to work for, certainly makes it hard to put any free time into that totoreal )

Hajo
Level 5

Dream Mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 05:38:08 AM »

[...] good stuff takes time [...]

May I ask how long you work on a single ship? Would be very nice if you could show a few examples and roughly tell how long they took - maybe I'm just too impatient, or give up to early, when trying to make graphics, and it'd help to have some comparison.

Per aspera ad astra
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »

A basic ship, with all basic animation takes me usualy around 1-2 evenings - so about 8-10 hours of work, for a basic, normal ship - There are exceptions, that are a bit more complex, but but the average would be around that time :3

for the actual designs of the "?" ships will be unveiled sooner or later - just bear with slow driping information - directly from The Omnicore Grin

anyway, point is. This project takes a lot of time, big sprites, like the Dropship take me around 60-80 hours, now multiply that with ca. 35 enemies, backgrounds for at least 6 Stages + fuck*n Huge bosses, are an epic undertake...

We can't go all out yet, as long as the prototype is far from finished.
Just keep tuned in! Grin

bear with the shortage of information - I will regulary update this thread again, from now on - sometimes I am just super busy, working on my projects/work, and currently working on 4 serious projects at once makes the Squirrelsquid a bit stressed and spaced out sometimes D:
Hajo
Level 5

Dream Mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 06:05:09 AM »

A basic ship, with all basic animation takes me usualy around 1-2 evenings - so about 8-10 hours of work, for a basic, normal ship - There are exceptions, that are a bit more complex, but but the average would be around that time :3

Thank you very much, this helps to get an idea Smiley I barely put that much time into a single image, that might explain the difference. And still, I think you have a much better mental image of such ships than I do. Thank you for the explanation, and best of luck with this amazing project  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Per aspera ad astra
Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 08:12:03 AM »

Looks pretty cool!  I do wonder that everything seems to be in the purple to red shading zone, including the enemies, intentional?  It makes things look monocolor.

Not that that doesn't work for sepiatone. Smiley

Currently developing dot sneak - a minimalist stealth game
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 08:22:41 AM »

that was something that I decided at the beginning - All factions got their predefined palettes to make them as distinguishable as possible.

Don't worry about the monocromaticness. As mentioned earlier, the alien pests - called omnivore - are parasitic lifeform that operates on the sub-atom level to rearange their cells to the current situation.

The enemies currently available are just you standard enemies - eventualy, you will experience different colors on the creatures in different levels.

there will also be various paintjobs for your craft as well. They will all still fit the faction they are in, but it will allow you to customize your ship a bit- but that is just the tip of the "personalization" it will hopefully offer, if everything goes as planned :3
Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »

Shiny. ^_^

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 09:02:12 AM »

looks awesome. great pixel art. did anyone else notice the cat in the picture on squirrelsquids second post?

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 09:18:01 AM »

looks awesome. great pixel art. did anyone else notice the cat in the picture on squirrelsquids second post?

Shhh. What cat? I see no cat. You're imagining things.
Secret top-right corner-ish things. And it looks like a power-up.

That aside, yes, this is looking greater every time a screenshot is posted.

there will also be various paintjobs for your craft as well. They will all still fit the faction they are in, but it will allow you to customize your ship a bit- but that is just the tip of the "personalization" it will hopefully offer, if everything goes as planned :3

Can we upload our own sprites as decals for, say, multiplayer purposes? That would be an interesting idea.

Currently brainstorming for a project
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »

there's even something better planed Grin but, I currently cannot talk about it, as it all depends on the initial success of the release...

Havoc Zone will feature a coop-mode. And the Ships are far more diverse in their moves and special attacks than I have ever seen in any shmup - at least thats what I wanted to do: Give the player 16 completely different approaches to blow shit up -
so yea. I'm psyched for it, it is my love and labor - and my team and me is working real hard to deliver that one shmup that will please Hardcore shmup fans as well as people that need proper introduction to the subject. :3
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 02:45:36 PM »

This is looking awesome!  Shocked

Can't wait for a playable version!  Beer!

Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »

I actualy did now want to show a new ship so soon, but I slightly redesigned this one - and I personaly like it very much, thats'why I am sharing it ;3

TAF-RX04 Freya

will update it's spot in the shiplist once I got around to rebuild it, as the original data is lost, and the currently uploaded one has a blurred bg on the top left.
need to head to bed soon @-@
Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 06:37:01 PM »

Okay, that's one ship that would startle the heck out of me if it were in the opposing lineup.   WTF

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic