Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:15:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting Beleth: An audio-reactive occult shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beleth: An audio-reactive occult shooter  (Read 607 times)
eranhaas
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2019, 10:47:24 PM »

https://eranhaas.itch.io/beleth

Made for the the Pigquad Summer Slow Jam.
I liked what we ended up with enough that I would like to develop it further, but need some play testing before I decide exactly what that will mean.

Gameplay-wise it is a pretty simple classic arcade shooter, I do not have have much of a hook there, but I am really happy with how the art style turned out.
 All of the visual elements of the game are built in Unity's VFXGraph with no additional sprites or geometry, and all of the animation is being driven by the music.

Mostly I am just hoping to get an idea of how well it is runs on your hardware. So if folks could just let me know what kind of frame rate you get, and what sort of GPU you are using, that would be fantastic.

Feedback on everything else is also welcome.

Plays best with a controller. but wasd plus left/right mouse button work fine.

Thanks.
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »

Graphics style is indeed great. And it *might* be a nice treat if you make extra / any at all damage only if you shoot in rythm. I imagine that the current soundscape gets annoying soon, but some dark ambient with rythm music-like parts on top might work great.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
eranhaas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 04:18:47 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!

We have talked about a few ideas to incorporate some actual rhythm mechanics, and I think basing shot strength on the beat would be the easiest to implement. I think we will probably try that, and also basing enemy firing on the audio.

Part of the issue with the current track is that my audio mix is just terrible. I am going to have to learn how to mix audio a in unity a lot better for this project.

But also getting some more dynamic music would be good. I will probably go with a different Sleeping with the Earth track, and am talking with a few other bands about using some music. I do want to keep the soundtrack on the noisy/experimental side, but a bit more accessible is probably good.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic