Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:13:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsRoleplay video game: looking for 3D Artist(s)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Roleplay video game: looking for 3D Artist(s)  (Read 1001 times)
Rykios
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2019, 07:44:12 AM »

Hello everyone !

I am a young independent developer, Lead Game Developer graduated in Paris(France), having already worked in a professional vidéo game company and I decided to make the game I always wanted to play : a multiplayer roleplay game open world.

What is a multiplayer roleplay game open world ?
The concept is simple, you are free to do what you want in this virtual life.
Some will play for fame, another for money, criminality, to be a police officer or just having fun with other players.
It is a mix of Grand theft auto online with roleplay mechanics like jobs, criminality, hunger, thirst, etc.
A lot of mods developers made their own roleplay server because there is no video game made exclusively for roleplay. (No! Identity RP is not! Mock Anger)
Some examples of games that have been modded by the community for Roleplay:
- Grand theft auto
- Arma 3
- Garry's Mod
- Counter Strike

I know that it is a lot of work, but i'm not afraid of works.
I have been working on the project since December, 7 months ago, and I'm pretty good.

Features working that I have at this moment, all working on dedicated server over the network :
  • Third person Camera
  • Inputs (keyboard and gamepad)
  • Character Movements (includind walk, jog, sprint, jump, movements colisions, crouch, animations, etc.)
  • Character Stamina
  • Character Health
  • Character Death (Items that are equipped falls to the ground and character ragdoll)
  • Character Respawn
  • Character Melee fighting system (punchs, guard, fighting state, animations)
  • Character Equipment System (equipment slots for hand item like a knife or a bottle, for heavy weapons like assault rifle and for light weapons like pistols. Dropping item from hands. Equip item from inventory and from the environment. Unequip. Switching between equipped items)
  • Shooting system (Aim offset, Aiming, Reload, Assault Rifle shots (auto), Pistol shots (One shot by one), Bullets collisions and impacts on characters and the environment, Weapons characteristics like damage, recoil, ammos, fire rate, etc.)
  • Weapons and ammos system (2 assault rifles and 2 pistols have been added with different characteristics.)
  • Inventory System (Max items, max weight, Money amount, items drag'n drop system for equiping/dropping item, item stacks number for stackable items like ammos, etc.)
  • Character Hunger and Thirst
  • Job system (Job assignement, Salary, Job rank Boss/Employee, job UI infos, resignation)
  • Information messages system UI (to inform something to the player like a job assignement, his salary, etc.)

All these features includes inputs, 2D/3D animations, sounds, netcode, FX and User Interface already done.
I can not write you all the details of the features that I have done otherwise this post will be much too long.

Prototype Screenshots:

I'm actually working on the Grocer job and I still have a lot of work Waaagh!. But I'm doing everything I can with all my motivations and determination.

So yeah, I have contacts for the Sounds and Game Design but besides that I'm working alone on this project and I need at least one motivated artist who enjoy doing his job and love the project.
If you are an artist who has the skills required for this work, contact me.

I have not made a decision yet on artistic direction but I have my idea.

I'm using Unreal Engine for the development, HacknPlan for the organization, Git for the version-control and Google Drive for the documents.

A prototype is already working but it's still missing some main features.
I am planning a gameplay prototype with all the main features, with or without graphics integration, at the beginning of the year 2020.
If you want more informations about me or the project, feel free to ask.

Additional informations :
Discord server : https://discord.gg/2z8MDRJ
I also plan to do a kickstarter campaign with some concept art and, if possible, a short trailer.

See you. Roll Eyes
Rykios
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 02:42:59 AM by Rykios » Logged
Cat Pawns
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 10:21:13 PM »

Hello i like your project i have some experience of c++ and c# so i can bring a hand in the code side, also i have some drawings skills! i have a pen tablet so i can make digital art for things like resources , ui etc... if you are interested contact me. I think a 2d cartonish style can fit perfectly the game.
Rykios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 04:39:08 AM »

Hi Cat Pawns,
For the moment, I do not intend to add developers. All I need is graphics skills for 2D and 3D.
I'll contact you for your drawings skills as soon as I can.
Rykios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 04:21:34 AM »

Hi,

Post update :
Game screenshots and discord server invitation added.
Rykios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 06:02:45 AM »

Hello,

News:
4 web developers joins the team and we are working on the concept art for characters, vehicles, items and environments.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:25:36 PM by Rykios » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic