Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:36:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGS Bazaar!?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Bazaar!?  (Read 2341 times)
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:05:19 AM »

This idea came to me in my dream last night, which was in turn probably inspired by a comment Rinkuhero made.

So, anyway, the idea is that in a different, more official thread, people post a list of games they don't want any more, and a list of games they DO want, someone else comes along, goes "Oh, that sounds like a good trade", and... they exchange games through the mail!
As a counter-measure against scammers, there could be some basic rules like:
You have to have upwards of 80 posts
you have to have been registered for a month.
Something like that, ya' know.
Also, only console games would be allowed, probably.

DISCUSS.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 11:36:55 AM »

MORE:
Concrete rules about participation are probably bad, and screw over more than a penny's worth of the irc goers.
Guess it really comes down to an issue of trust, and is all up to the two traders.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 01:10:58 PM by Inane » Logged

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 11:37:48 AM »

I would definitely go for this! I don't know how many people on here have a Gamecube or a Wii but I would be more then happy to list a few games...

Maybe set it up so that:

-People can IM each other regarding their respective game trades after they have discussed what games they want to trade in the official thread.

-Each participating person will make a list of the games they have available for trade and in turn people can contact those that have the games that they want to trade and discuss the trade in more detail through IM. I don't know if we would necessarily have to have a "wanted games list" if everyone listed there games in the first place.

-I like the idea of requirements too and am thinking that around a minimum of 1-2 months of forum activity and over 80-100 posts would be a good range to be able to trade.

Anyways, I really like this idea very much, I'll try to hash out some more ideas as they come to me...

Great thinking...er..dreaming...by the way Inane Smiley

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »

Sounds fun!  What we'd probably do is start up a new thread where people post their stuff, and leave this thread for discussion. Smiley
Tr00jg
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »

Oooh this could bode well for my dusty old PS1. I have a few games (like 3-4) which I doubt someone would want, but hey if they do then I would happily go for a trade!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

I'd really love an American PS1 so I can play some of the games I've missed that never got a European release (Xenogears, Chrono Cross, and so on). I don't know that I have anything worth swapping for that though. Plus, the postage would be pretty extreme Sad

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »

Lorne, I totally edited your top post in your new thread.  You sloppy bastard. Wink
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 11:05:09 AM »

You should probably mention your location when you post as well. An Ireland to New Zealand swap might be problematic, for example.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »

Lorne, I totally edited your top post in your new thread.  You sloppy bastard. Wink
Sorry! I blame my mother (Who is still very very awesome), it's in my genetics!

Thanks for fixing it though.

On a similar note, though, you changed it AFTER the tweaking I did Wink.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »

GUYS. THE SYSTEM, it doesn't work, when you don't post your shit!

Tr00jg
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »

GUYS. THE SYSTEM, it doesn't work, when you don't post your shit!

I am pretty sure no-one wants my crap, but I'll post anyway.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic