Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:08:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSix Roads - multiplayer turn-based strategy game with no specific theme
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Six Roads - multiplayer turn-based strategy game with no specific theme  (Read 407 times)
voismager
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2019, 02:19:06 AM »

Hi, guys!

I'm a bachelor student from Saint Petersburg, Russia.

I'd like to present to you my game called Six Roads. The game is primarily focused on asymmetric multiplayer battles. It has a fully moddable engine with a small set of strict rules. In fact, the "official" gamemode is nothing more than a bunch of scripts, attributes and textures.

I'm only prototyping the game, so it has no audio, no cool 3d/ui graphics, no modding tools, and a lot of bugs. It might freeze, unexpectedly close or even not launch.

Features so far
Only Local/Internet multiplayer mode is available. If public server is unavailable and you want to play with your friends by one Wi-Fi, you can start you own LAN server.

One built-in gamemode is available for now. It includes:
  • 1 hexagonal map for 2-3 players
  • 1 faction
  • 3 unit types
  • 6 building types
  • 2 paths to victory and 2 paths to defeat

Future plans
My goal is to make the engine even more flexible and iron out the modding API, and maybe implement some sort of AI for singleplayer.

Download
You can download it here: https://sixroads.net/
The game is written in Java, so in order to play it you have to install Java (https://www.java.com). Sorry for inconvenience.

Feedback
Your feedback is the most important thing for my work. Here is my contact information:

Feel free to contact me and write whatever you want. If you don't know what to write about Smiley, here are some hints:
  • Bugs... bugs are everywhere. Loaders, graphics, gameplay rules, scripts, server and sessions - are written by me. I'm not a good tester and to be honest I'm not a good programmer either. So if you face a bug (and I'm sure you will), please let me know.
  • Right now I'm working on general improvements AND implementing a couple of standart "official" gamemodes, so that players will have a choice. If you have suggestions about new gamemodes (whether its 4X, wargame or whatever), you are welcome!
  • I know some of my desicions might be stupid and confusing, I'd be happy to hear about your impression of current prototype or answer your questions.

But then again any of your feedback is welcome!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic