Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 04:04:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkRTS-type Cliff tileset - [Paid] for doing or teaching how-to
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RTS-type Cliff tileset - [Paid] for doing or teaching how-to  (Read 843 times)
hapsi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2019, 12:02:16 AM »

I have had a huge problem drawing proper tilesets for cliffs from overhead view. Currently i have alpha channeled crappy self made set that i am not happy with. Let me show you and explain what i want:

Requirements:
-Alpha channel is fine but without is bonus
-Quality should be similar to C&C
-Color between the two lowest pictures (however it looks good)
-Pieces; (they can vary, but they have to be dividable by 8 and have to lock together seamlessly)
..Light coming from the top-left so: 4x 128x128px corners, 4x 128x256px straights for up-down-left-right (so just 4), another 4 with some diversity, 4x /-type skewed 256 or 512x128px (image size being then 256x256 or 256x512), 8x 128x128 end pieces.
-ALL PIECES MUST BE CONSIDERED FOR THE LIGHT TO COME FROM TOP-LEFT
-ALL PIECES MUST BE ORIGINAL (i.e. no flipping around and just adjusting lightness, that's a NO!)
-So 20 original pieces total

Payment: From $25 to $125 with paypal but i'm very flexible. I know it is a lot of work, and we can negotiate the price range.

Grass texture that the cliff comes over:

Send me some of your work, or create a little piece from what i sent. No stealing from anywhere except from my grass texture.

Have a nice day Smiley
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:08:14 AM by hapsi » Logged
alienheretic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 03:31:28 PM »

most realistic way to do it would to be making it in 3d and bake out the diffuse normal maps for each piece that way lighting would be correct from any angle
hapsi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »

That's how the C&C, Starcraft 1, and pretty much any 2d rts:s are done. Cliffs, units etc.

I just am not there yet with 3ds max, and many others are.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic