Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411484 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:52:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPeasant Uprise - an RPG + RTS adventure
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Peasant Uprise - an RPG + RTS adventure  (Read 6586 times)
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2019, 09:37:23 AM »

Peasant Uprise is an adventure-driven game built with the Unity game engine that sets a group of peasants on a deadly quest against the new lord that has taken over their province.  Unskilled in the arts of war they will use their only known skills to regain control of Swayne.  Peasant Uprise uses RTS and RPG elements to expose a unique experience.

INDIE
This is a 100% solo indie project which I'm extremely proud of.  It's been a long road that has required me to extend my skills into areas that I'm no expert, but little by little and with a ton of practice, I'm starting to feel more comfortable handling all disciplines of game development.

YOUTUBE
Weekly devlogs that follow along the development are being published in YouTube.  Please check out the channel and like and subscribe if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/GamesInHouse

DISCORD
I'm also always seeking fan feedback and responding to questions in GamesInHouse discord server.  Come and say Hi!
https://discord.gg/PcpMSR3

OTHER LINKS:
Peasant Uprise: http://www.peasantuprise.com
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/GamesInHouse
Instagram: https://instagram.com/gamesinhouse/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Games-In-House-1078029715690972/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gamesinhouse
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:43:35 AM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »

The best introduction to the project is this video that covers the first six months of development:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:28:11 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 09:17:48 AM »

I've been working to improve the visuals of the game with a few techniques.  In this devlog video I document the results:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:30:49 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 07:30:55 AM »

Presenting a quick update on the state of the project while I audit the main menu and first level to get ready for my first internal build.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:30:39 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 11:37:36 AM »

A quick update documenting the process of generating the first build of the game; the problems I encountered, how I fixed them and a handy tool to analyze the results of the build.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:30:29 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 11:22:07 AM »

After going through a few build processes and fixing some small issues, I started to think about possible optimizations with some short and long term strategies that I'm sharing on this devlog.  Let me know if you have any other suggestions or comments, thanks!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:30:19 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 10:46:18 AM »

Animating is easy, creating "good" animations is pretty hard.  Making the animation seem fluid and realistic is more challenging than it seems and I do not claim to provide any tips or tricks in this devlog other than practice makes perfection.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:17:36 AM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 11:31:44 AM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 53: "Weapons System". In order to enhance combat, I first needed to tackle some interesting changes to the weapons system.  It's really the first time that I've looked at tools as to what they provide in combat and not only as something needed at camp.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:30:00 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 54: "New Enemies". Following last week's improvement to the weapons system I now have enough fuel to compose some interesting enemies, each bringing a different challenge to each combat encounter.  With the addition of Defense and Focus, enemy units are even more diverse in terms of the damage they can absorb as well as what skills they will progress on.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:29:48 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2019, 11:18:27 AM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 55: "UI Improvements". After the new changes to the weapons and attack system there were three UI tasks that needed some attention.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:29:37 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 09:26:28 AM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 56: "Questing Experience". Questing is an important aspect of any RPG game but at the moment, the player experience when it came to receiving or ending a quest, seemed kind of dull.  This week, I've tried to tackle this issue to make the questing experience more rewarding.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:29:22 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 10:25:37 AM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 57: "Polishing". While auditing the first three levels I've spotted opportunities to polish a few things that have led to a number of small changes and features that have been added to the game.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:29:12 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 09:11:18 AM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 58: "Project Management". When facing a project this long, it's essential to add some order into the chaos of ideas and tasks that you initially have in your head.  I GDD helps in order to bring some clarity and some record keeping, but it doesn't help to organize what you should focus each week in detail.  Having a system or following a project management methodology is the way to go, as long as you adapt that system to what works for you.  The goal should still be productivity, not fancy graphs and avoiding getting blocked by the overwhelming amount of work to be done.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:29:00 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 09:13:44 AM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 59: "Debugging". Debugging is simply part of software development, but devs should not limit themselves to the common tools provided by their engines.  Testing is tedious and it takes a long time so any additional tools or processes to speed up this process are immediate wins that should be considered in any project.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:28:48 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 60: "Mac Build". I do plan to release the game for MacOS X, but it does depend on the amount of work required to do so.  This week I decided to test a build to start being aware of what problems may arise from building for a different platform.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:28:37 PM by GamesInHouse » Logged
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 12:26:50 PM »

Inch by inch, I'm getting closer to getting a test build on Steam for testing that will contain the first three levels.  But to get there, I've had to take care of a few things first which I cover on this video.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 62: "Logo Design". After over a year of development, it's just about time to put together an official logo for the game as well as the different versions that are usually required and the steam capsule requirements.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »

Peasant Uprise Devlog 63: "Profiling". In this video I'll be walking through a profiling session and will also talk a bit about some data security measures I took as well as an update on the progress of the Steam page.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2020, 12:08:30 PM »

Another year gone by, new and exciting hopes for 2020.  It's certainly a time to reflect back on what I've done and plan ahead.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 11:08:10 AM »

In order to avoid repetition, I've come up with a system that gives a lot of flexibility to Peasant Uprise when it comes to the audio offering.  I'll also go through my humble process of creating custom music.  Please let me know what you think!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic