Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:49:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPeasant Uprise - an RPG + RTS adventure
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Peasant Uprise - an RPG + RTS adventure  (Read 6588 times)
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2020, 11:43:56 AM »

Lots happening this week as I've published the Coming Soon Steam Page, leading with the Peasant Uprise trailer.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2020, 12:11:42 PM »

Time to put all the work done together into a gameplay session with the hope of showcasing how the game plays.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2020, 12:27:34 PM »

It's great to have received praised on my last gameplay video and some have been nice enough to provide some good feedback which I've been working on.  It's also good practice to give back to this indie game community by trying out other people's work and share some suggestions when adequate.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 12:11:04 PM »

Peasant Uprise offers a dynamic world were the events and time used in a particular level will have an impact on the rest of the world.  In this devlog I will cover the change I've done to manage reinforcements.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 10:11:23 AM »

This week I'm covering both the checkpoint feature as well as the Swayne banner facility both allowing the player to move their rebellion quicker along the level.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2020, 10:21:01 AM »

After some hard look at game play, it was clear to me that the current UI approach to manage peasants was problematic, and while I've done multiple iterations on it, they just seemed like a way to mask the real problem.  Looking at the task afresh helped me come up with this new system which I hope you'll find interesting.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2020, 11:06:50 AM »

I'm happy to announce that Peasant Uprise is now in the beta testing phase, where some brave testers can get an early peak on the game in exchange for some feedback.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2020, 11:10:57 AM »

Big thanks to those who are participating in the alpha testing phase.  So far it has helped me understand which areas of the game need a bit more work.   

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2020, 01:58:48 PM »

This is well overdue but finally here, Peasant Uprise finally counts with a localization system that can handle multiple languages.  In this devlog I'll share the challenges I faced, the decisions I had to make and the approached I followed.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2020, 11:14:29 AM »

I am happy with this new system as ties well with the game overall; it is related to the final objective as well as other core elements such as resource collection and questing.  Let me know what you think. 

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »

It's important to be up to date with the new features your tools of choice offers, but it's also as important to analyze what you're trying to get out of it and at what cost.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »

My respects, this is not a game easy to make

How many people did you manage to get on your wishlist so far on Steam ?

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »

Indeed, specially as a solo indie game developer.  As far as whishlist, a bit less than a thousand at the moment.
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »

I've showcased the different types of enemies in the past but the main entity is the troop.  In this devlog, I'll dig in a bit more about my approach to handle troops and how it spawns enemy soldiers. 

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2020, 11:24:32 AM »

Towers are back and with the changes implemented I hope they bring a different challenge than usual enemies. 

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2020, 10:19:20 AM »

What are factions and how do they impact Peasant Uprise? Find out in this week's devlog.

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2020, 11:14:46 AM »

I kindly introduce to you, the Miner's Brotherhood.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2020, 08:10:15 AM »

Good progress, may I ask how do you keep yourself motivated for such a large project?

GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2020, 09:35:30 AM »

Thanks!

Different methods work for different people, so it's hard to give a 'global' answer that would work for everyone.  And I would be lying if I said I don't have my own ups and downs.  However, what works for me is being extremely organized.  I follow a strict agile project management process.  I break my work into sprints or blocks of work and use Trello as a way to track my individual tasks.

So when I get overwhelmed about all the work there is to do, I just try to put those thoughts aside and focus on the current sprint and the current task.  If you're granular enough, you will find that bit of motivation; "Hey, I can at least get that done today and get it out of this list."

The devlog 58 talks about this in more detail, if you want to check it out.
GamesInHouse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2020, 11:27:40 AM »

We now know what a pandemic looks like in real life, here's how it looks in Peasant Uprise.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic