Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:56:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for Programmers, Concept Artists, 3D Modelers & Animators
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Programmers, Concept Artists, 3D Modelers & Animators  (Read 677 times)
Bloxicon
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2019, 12:21:24 PM »

Hello! I am new to these forums, but I am part of a development team for a private server based on Disney's Toontown Online. Just a small warning, though; this is purely a volunteer effort.

In case you don't know what Toontown Online is, it's an old MMO created by Disney and Schell Games in 2003 where the premise is to play as a cute & colorful character called a Toon and fight corrupt corporate robots called Cogs using cartoony weapons known as Gags. The Cogs want to take over Toontown by walking into Toons' shops and putting giant gray Cog buildings in their place, and you have to retake those buildings by entering them and fighting the Cogs inside. It was closed in 2013, but a lot of fans are still trying to revive it and there are several private servers out there; the most notable example is Toontown Rewritten, which you can play completely for free here: https://www.toontownrewritten.com/

There are certain requirements for the project which you will encounter in the application form shown below:
   Programmers:
  • Prior knowledge of Python or Panda3D and/or understanding of C++ or GLSL shaders.

Concept Artists:
  • Should be comfortable creating multiple drafts of the same concept.
  • Should be able to vividly express ideas in different art styles.
  • Staff members should be able to see artworks as clearly as possible. (Digital art would be preferable for this, but any medium will work provided the requirement is met.)

3D Modelers/Animators:
  • Understanding of Autodesk Maya and/or Blender. (Blender 2.8 would be ideal because of the real-time rendering system and improved UI.)
  • The ability to accurately replicate Toontown Online's art style.

If you're interested in volunteering for the project, then please apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2FADvVujgRXnnTDJS_NiuBnaAdX8W3zfD1bxsOhqVjd50BA/viewform?usp=sf_link

After you've applied, contact TechnoCrunch#4354 or Bloxicon#2446 on Discord to talk about joining our team.

(Just in case anyone is wondering why I made another post asking for help with a Toontown-related project, I'd like to point out that this is a much different project that has no relation to the previous one.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 05:35:52 PM by Bloxicon » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic