Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1369313 Posts in 64331 Topics- by 56336 Members - Latest Member: Mr_Germica

November 16, 2019, 01:41:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Recommendations on pixel art online courses
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recommendations on pixel art online courses  (Read 330 times)
Karlipoppins
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2019, 08:18:13 PM »

Hi all,

I am seeing a few different pixel art courses on Udemy and other places. I was wondering if some of you had gone through any of those and could make some recommendation?

Thanks
Sesame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:17:17 PM »

Hi there! I did a course called Pixel Art Master Course by Mislav, and I loved it. The best part, I think, is the homework assignments he suggests, because they all sound easy but when you're doing them they turn out to be quite challenging and time consuming, but you still get to have fun and to experiment. Then teachers will review your assignment and if you ask something, they usually give you meaningful replies. Also the course is more or less software choice independent.

My goal was to start drawing for point and click games, but unfortunately I never found the course that would cover high-res backrounds in pixel art, etc (if you'll find something like this, please tell me!). But apart from that I think the course totally matched my expectations. They cover tiling, of course, and platformer view, etc, but the teacher also talks about general things like using limited color pallettes etc.

Hope it helped!
Karlipoppins
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 10:05:45 PM »

Cool, I bought it a few weeks ago and quite enjoy it! It's too bad the guy has quite the accent but overall it's pretty good! Thanks for the suggestion!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic