Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:16:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsExperimental Game Festival Out Of Index 2019 call for submission
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Experimental Game Festival Out Of Index 2019 call for submission  (Read 3884 times)
iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2019, 11:02:08 PM »

Out Of Index (a.k.a. OOI) 2019, an experimental game festival in South Korea, will be held in Seoul.

OOI is organized in order to inspire the game industry with new ideas and experimental energy. The festival selects the most experimental games from those submitted globally and showcases them to the game developers and gamers.

"Brand new gameplay experience" is the definition of "experimental game" used by the OOI committee. As long as they meet the requirements, anyone can submit to the showcase, regardless of nationality, status, or age. To allow convenient selection and showcasing, only digital games with a playable demo will be accepted.

Submissions are due by August 31st 11:59 KST (UTC + 9), and selected game developers will have the chance to present at the showcase scheduled on Oct. 26th. More info, including the link to the submission, can be found at the OOI’s website: www.outofindex.org

Turtle Cream / Creative Director
iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 05:07:36 AM »

Submission deadline has been extended to September 7th.

fluffrabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 09:27:28 PM »

Games are large projects that often span multiple years. I feel that more time is needed in advance for a major competition such as this that isn't trying to be a "jam", like 6 months or so.
iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 10:31:14 PM »

Games are large projects that often span multiple years. I feel that more time is needed in advance for a major competition such as this that isn't trying to be a "jam", like 6 months or so.

I understand what you're talking about. But our organization is very small, and all of us are game developers who have their own project as well. We can't spend long time for preparing, and running this festival unfortunately. This is the annual festival so if someone need to spend several years for their experiment, I think they could submit their project next few years in the future.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic