Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1369558 Posts in 64360 Topics- by 56379 Members - Latest Member: ProdByAaronP

November 21, 2019, 03:24:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSoftware.exe 2D, Open World, Hacking Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Software.exe 2D, Open World, Hacking Game  (Read 547 times)
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:29:14 AM »

What Is This Game?

Software.exe is a 2D, Open World, Hacking Game where you can hack just about anything you want.

What is the Gameplay going to be like?

The gameplay consists of you hacking into different computer, phones, and machines throughout the game world to get money, information on/or about someone.

Combat?

When you're not hacking, you can shoot guns, but only have 3 weapons on you at once there is melee combat but only with baseball bat and crowbars.

Enemies?

There are different levels of enemies in the game. The lowest level enemies you can encounter are basic security guys, they only have pepper spray, and nightsticks. The next type of enemies is advanced security these guys have guns. Next is police they range from having just a pistol to having machine guns, and shoguns. After that it's the army these are tough as nails and is best if you try not to fight these guys.

What Will the Open World be like?

There will be a variety of shops and places to go and eat food, drink, watch entertainment, and stories to buy upgrades for yourself.

There is internet in the game where you can go to different website to learn more about things or see what people are doing in the world some the major websites you can visit are called

FaceSpace

Talker

History Of...

Pixel Search Engine

Pixel Video

American Union News Network

There will be other sites, but that's what's in the game right now.

There are people in the street you can talk to so you can learn more information about the current world, what peoples lives are like, what they think of the government or other governments, or comments on what happening in the news.

You can look up the news on a computer or phone to see what your actions have done in the world
Your mode of transportation is your own two feet or the subway or a taxi cab.

What is the setting of the game?

The game takes place on an island city called Ocean City the year 2082 technology development has stagnated or just stopped altogether because of the Second American Civil War. The only technology that is developed now is for The Union government a Brave New World style government that keeps people in line with lots of cheap drugs, sex, and propaganda.

The game is still a long ways off from being finished but it's coming together.

What Still needs to be done... (PROGRAMMING)

AI Pedestrians
AI Vehicles
Levels (Code)
Refine Current Code
In-Game Clock
Day/Night Cycle (Code)
Police Drones (Code)
Enemy Movement (Code)
Taxi Service
Subway Transportation
Upgrades - Phone, and Weapons
(This is not everything, just what I can think of right now)

What Still needs to be done... (ART)

Story Elements/Characters
Animations
Buildings
Vehicles (Sprites)
Pedestrians (Sprites)
Nature Elements
Day/Night Cycle
Water
Lighting
Police Drone
(Again, this is not everything, just what I can think of right now)

Thank You
Hope you enjoyed this post.
Have a great day  Smiley

LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 09:14:57 AM »

Over the last few weeks I've been working on make the gameplay more challenging by adding in viruses that you can get during gameplay. One of which (Below) called REAPER is about 85%-90% done.

I redid the hacking screen before you could only get the answering numbers in the console in Unity now they are visible still random so you don't know what numbers go were.

REAPER: Stops what you are doing. If you open your phone it will be locked you must pay to unlock it. This can be gotten rid of with upgrades or you will forced to deal with REAPER a lot.

What are the other Viruses called and what do they do?

CREEPER: Start off as just GIF's playing every so often in the background but will then begin to so you ads for random stuff from the in-game internet obscuring your view of what your doing. You will need to get anti-virus software to get rid of it. About 50%-60% finished.

ZOMBIE: Starts as just random messages/emails sent to your computer/phone but click on them and it will take you a ride though the internet to random websites. Shuts your phone/computer down, if you try to get back into your computer/phone there will be a screen you can't pass until you pay money to unlock you stuff. About 10%-20% finished.

TROJAN HORSE: Like Zombie it starts off with random stuff coming into your email or messages. unlike Zombie this just takes your money this you really need to get rid of because it will just keep taking your money until you get rid of it. About 10% finished.

WORM: Only runs when your trying to hack into stuff. It changes the numbers at random. If your number was 6 it will then change to something like 3 or a 9 doing that to every number until you solve it. Buy upgrades to get rid of WORM. About 10% finished.

That all for now.

I hope you enjoyed reading.

Thank You and have a great day  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 10:28:48 AM »

There isn't much to talk about this time because I was stuck trying to move a mouse cursor with an Xbox joystick and spent over a week trying to figure it out Hand Joystick. Thankfully now you can click UI buttons with the A Button  Tears of Joy

It's not done though it still needs 2 more UI elements that I have to try to register Toggle Elements (check boxes), and Inputfeild (Search Bar).

So with that said, here are some GIFs that are showing off the new internet cursor and some of the websites you can visit in game.

1) Wow you can move.

2) Twitter knock off

3) Video & Email

Thank You and have a great day  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 10:41:57 AM »

Hello

The 3rd level is about 80%-85% finished all there is left to do is make the level has a fail stat and introducing the player with new challenges in form of Stealth gameplay.  Ninja

You overhear two people talking in the above ground parking (Right now they're not important to the level, but they will be when the level is finished).

Over Hearing What People are Talking About.

As for the rest of the level I spent most of the this week building the insides and while there not perfect almost all of the inside parts of the building are made.

Above Ground Parking

Office interior: First Floor.

The Yellow arrow is to let you know there are doors on the side of buildings. This perspective will not let me make doors on the side of buildings so this is next best thing. Arrow inspired by Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Office interior: Top Floor.

That's all for now.

Thank You and have a great day.  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 09:10:01 AM »

Hello
Over the last 2 weeks things felt like they slowed down mainly because I spent the last week working on level 3. It's still not done, but I want to move on and work on the last 2 levels then come back to it.

Level 4 Area

I found more bugs in the hacking gameplay were all the help numbers would be zero I fixed that and now works right as range, but there is no randomization in the help numbers anymore. What needs to happen is when your trying to figure out the numbers for the object you're currently hacking you see the numbers but have no idea what ones they are. This is where the challenge comes from. The hacking gameplay is taking much longer than even I would like, but it's a main part of the game and all the bugs are due to me not being a great programmer or because I don't find everything wrong with it at once so it takes time.  Sad

Hack Screen

Let's talk about the transportation/Fast Travel
Like most games this will have fast travel, but it can only be done by two ways, either by taxi cab or be a subway and this is what I want to talk about today and what are the plans for it.

This is where it is going to go.

What I want is to be something like Grand Theft Auto 4 or Grand Theft Auto 3's subway, but have it be more useful than to just be there.

Examples from Grand Theft Auto 4: Balled of Gay Tony, and Grand Theft Auto 3

These are references I'll be using including real world ones like Chicago, and New York.

On the first Island there are 3 stops you can make the first being the main station (In-game photo above) the second is in the downtown area were all the office building are located, and the 3rd and last one on the Island is in the south part where people live.

People Live here

Anyway thanks you for reading.
I hope you have a great day.  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 11:37:03 AM »

Hello

The first part of the transportation is done. You can now take the above ground subway to different locations in the city. Making this was a long process, but it's 90% done. I will come back to it though, because some of the sprites are a little off and I still need to make the other stations.

Dover Park Station

Southwood Station

Here you see how it works.

I also remade a building that I wanted to fix for a while now. I made it look more like something from the Bronx, New York

Ocean Dinner

Q: Why start working on the subway when you have not finished work on the levels?

Well, it's because it's part of the level. You start the level off by meeting someone on one of the subway trains that texted you. They tell you in person what to do, where to go, and what to get. After that then the level continues.

Next time I will show more of level 4 and talk a little bit about level 5.

That's all for now.

Thank You.

Have a great day.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic