Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:18:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSoftware.exe 2D, Open World, Hacking Game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Software.exe 2D, Open World, Hacking Game  (Read 4688 times)
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »

Hello

Been working on fixing sprites last 2 weeks mainly I’m tired of working on code and fixing bugs for now. Yawn So I put my attention to fixing or finishing many areas of the city.

More, more, and more

From putting down a dirt driveway to drawing stone statues these are some of the places I worked on over the last 2 weeks.

Empire Building

Foundation Place
A small stone plaza with a café, flowers, and the statue of the founder of the city.

Flowers

Honoring the Union
This statue is in every city that is in the Union.

Outside & Inside the clinic

Park
This is more just an update of the park in the center of the city. I still want to add walking paths and maybe a few other things that are park oriented.

Anyway, that all I got for today. Stay Safe Everyone.  Smiley
Thank You.
I hope you have a great day.  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 10:12:05 AM »

Hello

Not too much this time to talk about just a few little things.

New Sprites, and Finished Ones.

Last time I said I was working on the park in the center of the city well the majority of it is finished pathways in the park are done and there is a sitting area.

I also got around to do more of the subway lines around the city and now it all connects still need a lot of work before I would consider it done but working on the subway is one of the most boring parts.

I’ve remade the local gun store to fit with the idea of everything in the park area being torn down and replaced with something new like an apartment building or large office tower.

These new buildings being started also reinforce the idea that everything must be new and that all old thing must come down.

Another way to get around.

I spent the last few days trying to program a taxi system. If you don’t want to walk, or take the subway to an area. You just want to get there, then take a taxi cab. It’s been a little tougher than I thought to get it running, but I have it based off the Car AI I managed to program all I need to do it to get the player position in the world and base were the taxi comes from off that.

That’s if you call for a taxi you can just find one driving around.

Like I said there’s not too much to talk about.

Anyway, that all I got for today. Stay Safe Everyone  Smiley
Thank You.

LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 10:40:03 AM »

Hello

Another small update.

Taxi System

This is almost finished all I need to do it make it so when it spawns it drives towards the player. I also have a little Taxi map to show off to but I’ll do that when this is more in a finished stat.

Call a real Taxi Cab

I know the one that spawn is not a real Taxi Cab but I needed a stan in.

Stopping Cars

When you step in front of a moving car now you can stop the car from continuing.

I know I see the UI issue the health bar the fading text are not to the edges like the MiniMap is. That will be fixed.  Embarrassed

Writing the World
I’ve be working the last few days on writing the writing manly for the back story found on various in game websites. This just gives you an idea what happen to make the world the way it is.

Anyway, that all I got for today. Stay Safe Everyone.  Smiley

Thank You.

LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 11:41:29 AM »

Hello

This is going to be a Word heavy post today.

Fixing more Bugs and a slight Rework.

The hacking you do in the game was working... About 60% of the time it works every time. So I need to do a little more work to it and I spend a whole week fixing the last few bugs I knew about and fix 2 out of the 3 the 3rd bug was almost mindbogglingly uncontrollable little fixes were not the trick so I had to rework the whole system to get it to work.

- What's the bug causing this?  Huh?

Well the bug is that I can't get the numbers to be correct when testing the Hacking System so I came to the conclusion that in order to get the right numbers with no duplication's there must only be 10 numbers max to deal with on screen. This was an easy fix but I could not figure out how to get numbers not to duplicate with out crashing the game engine.  Sad   

As of right now it only works if I have the code commented out. Oh, and here's just a photo of the changed Hacking Screen.

This is what it will look like when it's on the highest difficulty.

Writing more Backstory.

Spent a whole week writing and made about 11 pages of back story that you can find though out the in game websites. This is only the first draft so there are lots of grammar errors and some spelling errors to this there. I will be continual come back to this after a few weeks to see it with fresh eyes.

I know this more wordy then picture/GIF's but that's the way it is sometimes. Hitting my head with my keyboard to fix bugs. Or writing backstory which is just more words and gets hard to show and not tell.

Anyway that all I got for today. Stay safe everyone.  Smiley
Thank You
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2020, 10:37:28 AM »

Hello

I spend I don’t know how long fixing the hacking in the game (again) but now the number generation works perfectly with no duplication's. Grin The last few days has been a mishmash of writing, and drawing. 

Fix one thing something else breaks.
The numbers work finally. I got them to do what I wanted for last few weeks without fault. Although now something else doesn’t work. I must be the worst programmer ever or just stupid. Anyway, it’s almost there it just needs another few days or weeks fixing the last few bugs. (fells like I said this before).

For anyone interested here is the code I used to get no duplication's.

Original code location
https://www.dotnetperls.com/fisher-yates-shuffle

Drawing
I’ve been reworking a few drawings nothing too big. I’ve also spent a little time on the homeless population in the city. These poor people will manly be around the little shanty towns or bagging for change.

Anyway, that all I got for today. I know it’s not much but I try to show something every time.
Thank You.
I hope you have a great day.  Smiley Stay Safe Everyone.
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »

Hello.

Super short this time…

Development Hell

I guess I’m Development Hell right now.  Embarrassed  Cry

Beyond that there isn’t really anything to talk about this time. I’m just trying to get the hacking code to work right. It is the main gameplay mechanic so it should be well worked on. I’m just stuck trying to get the numbers to do what I want them to do.

That’s it… I know it almost nothing or IS nothing but I want it work like what’s in my head.

Anyway, that all I got for today.

Thank You.

I hope you have a great day. Stay Safe Everyone  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2020, 11:04:52 AM »

Hello

Well I over came the issues I was having with the game. The problems I set out to overcome are done (for now at least). Last time there was nothing because I was working hard on the "At the Time" current issues. Now though I got a few things to show off.  Grin

Randomize Position

This was the main problem that cause it but thanks to a kind person over on Unity Answers helped me get to problem solved. It was manly about changing a position of object in an Array. Here is the end result.

Some Building Were Replaced

I redid some of the buildings and add in a new one.

The Chinese Restaurant, and Pizza Shop are now one place.

Now a Comics and Collectibles Shop.

Behind your home there is a new little food stand.

How to know what to hack?

How would you know which items can you hack and which you can't this little line that points to different objects will help you. it's not really done but it's just needs a few more little things.

That's all I got for today.

Thank You and Stay Safe Everyone.  Smiley

LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 10:41:32 AM »

Hello

Wow this DevLog is over 1 year old now cool.  Grin

Anyway I've been continually working on both redesigning some old buildings, and the UI these last few weeks but beyond that there isn't much to talk about.

The New Power Plant

I was never happy with the old one there one part the was not done right and made a bad spot that you could clearly see now I've man a better one. The only thing missing from this is smoke coming from the stacks.

Like I said not much to talk about this time. I would like to show the in game internet when it's in a more working state. Right now it manly a bunch a UI elements not really doing anything.

Anyway that's all for today. I know it's not much but I work as best as I can.

Thank You.

I hope you have a great day.  Smiley Stay Safe Everyone  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »

Hello

Well this isn't much of an update but it's something. It's taking a bit longer then I would like for the in-game internet. Why? well it's boring to work on and procrastination is to blame  Embarrassed but every few days I get bit more done.

Anyway here are some UI Elements for the creeper virus that can infect your phone/computer. I still need a few more to make but right now I'll show off what I got.

Creeper UI

The Creeper virus itself doesn't change gameplay it's just little animations that play on screen. You have to pay to get rid of it. Many of them are just going to be in the corners of the screen. Some will move across the screen but not obscure what your doing.

Anyway that's all. Stay Safe Everyone.  Smiley

Thank You.

I Hope you have a great day  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 11:06:10 AM »

Hello

This is going to be the last update for a while.

Why?

Well, it's getting hard to post about unfinished stuff every few weeks, so until I get the in-game Internet done I will not be posting. I hope to get it done soon I don't want it to take too long.

Is there anything else?

Well, I do have some more UI things I did over the week. This is not all of them. In total there are 7 ads in total these are 3 of them.

Pop-Up Ads

That's it for now. It will be a while before I post back here but I should have everything in order by then.

Thank You

I hope you have a great day.  Smiley Stay Safe Everyone.  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2020, 12:11:38 PM »

Hello

Well, that took forever. Been working on lots of different stuff over the last…

I don’t know…

Amount of time since my last time posted here. There are a few things I liked to show. Enjoy.  Smiley

Internet Update

I spent most of October working on trying to get things to work right, and while it still not 100% it better than before. Oh, and also, I got a keyboard up and running in-game to make it easier to navigate.

Something New

I’ve spent the rest of the time away to make a new part of the game, it’s nowhere near finished, but with all the assets I’ve made it’s making this much faster than before. Although it not finished, here are some of the new areas, I’ve made that will play a part in the game, and story.

This area will need more stuff to make it look trashier. More old cars, boxes, rusted moving vans, and more to make it look good.

This I was working on this almost all week and I still need to draw the people living here and a bridge to get on/off the small swamp island.

Huh?  Facepalm

This I don’t know what happened, I guess I’ll redo the water.

I’m in the process of making more levels. The areas will change depending on the demands of the levels. For now, I just want to make sure I have enough stuff to make the areas not look empty.

Anyway, that all I got for today. This is the last post for 2020. Happy Holidays to everyone. See you in 2021.

Thank You.

Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2020, 12:36:30 PM »

Interesting progress! Looks like its coming along well, love the name :D.
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2021, 12:00:33 PM »

Hello

I’m getting so board of drawing but things still need to get finished. Anyway, I got more stuff to show off this time.

Fun in the Sun

New Homes

I made these because the old ones that were made and I hated them.

For reference these are the old ones I'm talking about.

Just Rocks

Here are some rocks I made. I also made some with moss on them for the swamp lands. (This was one of the most boring things I’ve done to date for this game).  Yawn

Water

I fixed the water issue that I mentioned last time. Turns out it was a quick, and easy fix. I just had to lower the PixelAmount from about 40 to 15.

Bridging the Gap

This is too get people on and off the little swamp island.

Anyway, that’s all I got for today.

Thank You.

I hope you have a great day.  Smiley Stay safe Everyone  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2021, 12:34:47 PM »

Hello

I made some transition images with animated elements when you use the taxicab, or the subway. As well as a few other small things.

Taxi and Subway Transitions Images.

You can as well see the new menu buttons, although I don’t really like them, but for now, they will do.

Small Things.

I made some more stuff this time for the 4th level.

Thank You.

LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2021, 11:15:22 AM »

Hello

Not a lot to talk about this time. Just getting things fixed and cleaning up areas in the game.

Looking Better (or at least less empty)

The Founder of this great American Union Thomas Hughes.

The Star is a symbol for the people.

Victory Gardens.

The gardens are not finished but they will someday. They will situated around the government building.

The Power Station

This needs a few more things before it's done like power cables, transformers, and because of it being a coal power station a large mountain of coal in the back.

Trying to Keep it Simple

I’ve also been working on fixing the both the taxi cab system, and the drone system. The drones have been simplified for now anyway to just fly around the city. I did this because I wanted them to go leave the police station then come back. Well, I couldn’t get that to work and it would break the AI.

The taxi cab system I only changed one thing once you call for a cab, and you pick the destination you see a fade out the animation I showed last time then fade back to the new location.

Thank You.

LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2021, 11:43:46 AM »

Hello

The Power Plant is done (for now) and it wasn’t fun at all to draw. I changed a few small things around the power plant like making Victory Gardens larger, as well as creating a small coffee hut and currently working on another business/apartment complex (business on the street level apartments up top).

Let There Be Power.

Coffee Anyone?  Coffee

Modern Apartments, and Venus

Venus is not done it still needs some work. It should be done next time and in the game. This building will go right here.

Thank You.

I hope you have a great day.  Smiley Stay safe everyone  Smiley
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2021, 12:27:51 PM »

Hello

Alright more stuff to show off that done.  Grin

Run down shops and apartments.

The homeless population must be getting hungry, and looking for someone to blame.  Hand Fork Left  Hand Knife Right

I like this more than the old version.

What’s a run-down part of town without a XXX Shop?

Venus

Writing more, and more.

I’ve been writing more about life in the city from the eyes of the people that live in it. I still want to get a few more of those done and edited before placing them in the game.

Thank You.

LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2021, 10:39:04 AM »

Hello

OK So I was gone for a bit longer than I wanted but I had some computer problems a few weeks ago and ended up frying my motherboard and CPU. Shocked Thankfully nothing was lost. After that happened, I continued to work on a few things.

Shore Line, and Water

Another website

This was sort of modeled after the NPR website.

Text to TextMeshPro

So, I’m changing the text in the game to one that is not just a blur on screen.

Example.

If you use the Unity Game Engine you know that the default text is blurry and there is little you can do to change that but now thanks to TextMeshPro all that blurry text is a thing of the past.

I have lots of text to change but I got a good chunk done this week.

Anything Else?

Working on levels maps, and creating more interviews for you to find.

Anyway, that’s all I got for today. I hope next time I will have more to talk about.

Thank You.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic