Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1366373 Posts in 64036 Topics- by 55923 Members - Latest Member: ConneDGames

September 21, 2019, 10:42:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNight Invasion - my second Unity game ( any feedbacks?)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Night Invasion - my second Unity game ( any feedbacks?)  (Read 181 times)
MounirDev
Level 0

do what you can with what you have.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2019, 04:53:16 AM »

hi, if you can take a look at my game on itch.io and give me some feedback i'll really apprecaite it  Smiley what i could have done better, what can be improved ? THANK YOU https://mounirdev.itch.io/night-invasion
xenonii
Level 0

PolyCrunch Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »

Hi,
I played your game and here are some suggestions/comments.

The controls felt good and after a few seconds I knew what I needed to do (although I didn't yet understand the role of the lighthouse which seems to rotate randomly).

I was having fun playing the game. However It gets easy and too repetitive very fast without any surprises or choices for the player. I basically keep the fire button on, aim towards an oncoming ship, reverse the tank in some direction to avoid a bullet hit, and continue. I didn't die once and after the 3rd wave I lost interest. I think it needs a bit more challenging.

Perhaps you could add an ammo system, where you would have to pick up ammo crates that are dropped occasionally. These crates might disappear after a while, so you have to decide if to go for them or continue hitting the ships (a balance of reward/risk is always important in a game).

Also the firing might need to be changed to make it more challenging and rewarding. Rather than firing continuously you could have a charging time, so you are careful with your shots.

Also instead of firing straight like a bullet, it could be more like a projectile. This means the player would need to decide the power of the projectile firing, so it lands near the ship. Since the game is top-view, you could make the projectile scale up, and then down to appear it's going up towards the screen and then going into the sea. So now the player has to make another judgement besides rotating the vehicle ... he needs to also decide on how much power he needs to give to the projectile. This could be controlled by how much time he continues pressing the fire button, and while the fire button is being pressed you see some power gauge filling up. On release it fires.
Also add screenshake (I don't recall seeing it, on projectile fire and hitting ships/explosions for example)

Have some kind of powerups, e.g. shield, different weapons, health. See what kind of cool powerups you can come up with. These can be delivered via parachuted question-mark crates.

Add surprises. These could be in the powerups, or in the type of enemies for example. See if you can think of other ways how to surprise the player.  Shocked

Loot. Pirate ships drop stuff. I saw smaller ships and dead bodies being spawned. Perhaps you could have coins flying through, or having a secondary weapon to collect loot, like a grappling hook. So this would be another choice for the player - "should I shoot the next ship or collect loot?". I guess the loot will just add to your score in your case.

Hope this helps. Some of the ideas might not fit with your vision. But maybe you'll like one of the suggestions Smiley
Let me know if I wasn't clear on any of the points Gentleman

Developing http://bit.ly/pyramidplunge - a humorous roguelike platformer. Discord server: https://discord.gg/2EHN4Fd. Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/polycrunchgames
MounirDev
Level 0

do what you can with what you have.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 09:52:03 AM »

@PolyCrunch Games THANK YOU so much for you comment i really appreciate it ! yes, you are right in all what you said, i may was too excited to upload it that i didn't add a lot of stuff. i love your ideas and i'll add some of them to the game Smiley
ps : the lighthous shows you the escaping pods lol )
jbarrios
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »

Hey MounirDev,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic