Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1368046 Posts in 64191 Topics- by 56125 Members - Latest Member: Morgarten

October 20, 2019, 12:46:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWelcome to Beacon Pines
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Welcome to Beacon Pines  (Read 2070 times)
hidingspot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »

Did you see Amanita Design's newest game? Pilgrims? Also has a "card game adventure game" angle, but different from yours. Still might be good to be aware of how you want to distinguish yourselves

Yep, I just noticed that game as well.  Looks different enough from our narrative/story heavy design, but I'll definitely give it a play just to be sure.  It looks incredibly charming!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »

Yeah, nobody will think you're stealing from them.

I played it and finished all achievements. It's short and sweet and indeed very charming!
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2019, 09:17:45 AM »

The art here continues to be rather lovely. ^_^

Traversal, exploration, puzzles, and combat in a heroic-fantasy setting
Website ~ Twitter
hidingspot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2019, 05:42:42 AM »

Luka's Bedroom and Kickstarter Questions
Luka's bedroom with some mockups of Luka sleeping and in PJ's

Regarding Kickstarter: so we're running out of runway on the project, and have been discussing doing a Kickstarter in the next few months.  While I've backed many kickstarters, I've never run one myself.  I have a good sense of what I like to see in a kickstarter, but certainly there's a lot more too it.

Does anyone have any kickstarter advice generally?
Here are some starter questions, but feel free to drop any advice whatsoever:
  • Is there a good time of year to launch?  I'm thinking around the holidays might not be a good idea, but maybe it is.
  • Are there specific types of rewards/tiers that people like more than others?  Obviously keys for a digital copy of the game will be one of the base options.  We're also considering an art/concept book and other physical options, but I've heard horror stories about shipping physical rewards.
  • Perhaps most importantly, is kickstarting a project like this even a good idea?  Another option might be looking for publishing help to fund the remainder of the project

ChrisLSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2019, 11:03:33 AM »

Does anyone have any kickstarter advice generally?

About a year ago I worked on a game that was successfully Kickstarted. I wasn't involved with running the campaign, but the devlog had some pretty in-depth posts from LobsterSundew with Kickstarter advice:
Post 1    Post 2    Post 3    Post 4    Post 5    Post 6

I know this is a lot of text and might require a fair bit of reading back to get proper context (sorry about that), but I hope it proves useful.

Composer, Sound Designer
Website/Portfolio
Twitter
hidingspot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 08:10:17 AM »

I know this is a lot of text and might require a fair bit of reading back to get proper context (sorry about that), but I hope it proves useful.

So many good tips there! I just spent the morning going through it all and making notes. Big thanks ChrisLSound for the links, and big thanks to LobsterSundew for the wonderful posts.

ChrisLSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2019, 08:05:00 AM »

So glad it helped! Luka’s room looks fantastic by the way Hand Thumbs Up Right

Composer, Sound Designer
Website/Portfolio
Twitter
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic