Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:51:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThe Rules Part 2: Probation and Banning
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Rules Part 2: Probation and Banning  (Read 3128 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2007, 10:35:51 PM »

Guys, I'm instituting a new policy.  Now, depending on the extent of your offensive behavior, you may be placed on one of two levels of Probation.  These are like visual warnings that you are on the road to being banned.  Not that you can't still be "Insta-Banned," but at least this way it's a little more obvious.  Also, there are penalties associated with being on probation.

Not to mention some really cool new custom images I whipped up just for this purpose! ^___^

Introducing... The Turtles of Bannination:

Probation Level 1

Reserved for light offenses.  You've got a penchant for causing trouble, and not in the humorous and delightful way that we encourage at TIGSource.  You're being a real downer without contributing anything positive to the community.

Just quit being such an asshole you'll be back to normal in no time! Smiley

Penalty: Excluded from Community forums (can't view).

Probation Level 2

You smell like a spammer or you're starting to really get on everyone's nerves.  Threads you post in start to smell like poop real fast.  You are on the road to being banned.

Work hard to convince us that you're not what we think you are - a dirty, rotten spammer or a stinkin' troll.  Make amends with everyone you've been pissing off.  Start some positive threads and be helpful.  Grovel a bit.

Penalty: Excluded from Developer and Community forums (can't view).

BANNED

You just got smited by the BANHAMMER.  You are definitely a spammer and/or a troll.  It would take an act of God to get you reinstated to the forums.  You blew it.

Penalty: Excluded from the forum.

That's it!  If you're wondering if this is really necessary.  Well, no, probably not.  But it sure is fun! :D

Note: Troll on the front page and I'll check your ip against the forum.  You can be banned here for being a troll there!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:50:12 PM by Derek » Logged
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 11:34:36 PM »

That was a damn good game.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Tr00jg
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 04:09:58 AM »

Haha, I love the turtles! So now we need a victim.  Huh?
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »

I always imagined the ban hammer being weilded by Zues riding on a lighting bolt.

Dusty Spur
Level 0

could use a shower

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 12:19:19 PM »

Ever since I played Shadow of the Colossus, I've pictured a Colossus wielding the banhammer.

Except, you know, the one being banned wouldn't have any weaponry. Or a horse.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »

Note: Troll on the front page and I'll check your ip against the forum.  You can be banned here for being a troll there!

Whelp, I'm screwed!  It was nice knowin' ya, folks.  :D

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic