Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:18:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBounce Back ~ A Roguelite Boomerang Adventure Inspired by Zelda
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Bounce Back ~ A Roguelite Boomerang Adventure Inspired by Zelda  (Read 1982 times)
Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 08:25:33 AM »

Heyho.

I tested your game and this is what i think about it:

The style (graphics and sound) are good for me, i liked that. The sound is okay but i probably would switch it off at some time. If i am correct there was no music or it was so in the background that i didnt notice it. If there was not any music: It would add to the game making a noticable background-melody/music.

The gameplay mechanic was something i understand very quickly. Yet i couldnt really think of the 'charge' effect or what it was. It doesnt made much of an impact and was useless (for me).

I dont know how many different boomerang-styles there are, but that there are already two is neat. But much more than giving me the opportunity to destroy heavier objects was not there. Like, a different fly path or something like that. Those 'shield' enemies were always changing so fast that, for me, it was nearly impossible to get a good angle.

That the boomerangs not followed a path but always tried to come directly back to me was a bit offputting at first but i got it figured out.

If you really make a top down rpg with the focus on boomerangs there should be more to it, or at least a lot of upgrade for your main weapon(s) of choice. Evovling around upgrading your boomerang instead of just adding more would be very appealing i think.

In total i enjoyed the game.

Stay crunchy.
FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2019, 07:55:45 AM »

Narsiph - Thank you for the feedback! Great suggestions.

This was for a 13k game so I was limited with what I could do, but I totally agree about having more variety in boomerangs and upgrades. This is one of the main things I want to add for the next build. I have some fun ideas for different types of boomerangs. Also, for this version I was only going for around 30 minutes of gameplay.

I will also add music, right now there is only a little music in the hub level. Again, I couldn't fit in in 13k.

I think you are asking about the player's dash ability, how is it useful? In many ways! You don't take damage or collide with enemies while dashing, it makes you faster, you can smash through bushes/rocks, you can throw the boomerang farther while dashing, etc.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic