Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:35:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPanda Jumper
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Panda Jumper  (Read 986 times)
Cubic321
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2019, 05:24:43 AM »

Hello everybody!

Now I'm developing a game with a simple unobtrusive gameplay. The goal of the game is to get to the other side by jumping on platforms. Control is a single jump button, but it's not that simple. In this case, I like Nintendo's approach to its games. Where, at first glance, the simple control of the character hides a deep mechanics that the player discovers gradually.

I want to implement this approach in my game. For example, if the landing immediately press jump, the character will make a combined jump with a flip. For combined jump player will earn more game points.

Game points can be spent, for example, that would save the game on a special platform for this. Thus, it is profitable for the player to plan his actions. In addition, for example, if the player lands on the edge of the platform, he will lose his balance and fall, but if the landing immediately press the jump button, the player will not fall and will continue to jump.

The game world too is not simple. Platforms have their own character: there are disappearing platforms,those that randomly move, move apart, etc. But more about that later.

Now ready character design, platform design and entry-level background. As well as basic animation and mechanics.

Engine: Godot

https://twitter.com/cubic321
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 08:14:36 AM by Cubic321 » Logged

Red Phantom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 09:26:24 AM »

Looks interesting!
The background is magical.
I also like the character sprite and platform.
I have a possible suggestion to make things more interesting - having the control to turn the player around (4 different directions).
--> hence meaning you will need multiple pathway options

Cubic321
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 06:54:52 AM »

Looks interesting!
The background is magical.
I also like the character sprite and platform.
I have a possible suggestion to make things more interesting - having the control to turn the player around (4 different directions).
--> hence meaning you will need multiple pathway options
Thank You! Idea about 4 different directions really interesting!

New Update

Animation of jump and full:

Cubic321
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 07:21:13 AM »

Added some enemies ghosts. Actually did a lot of things else, but it is still difficult to show. Panda

Cubic321
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 07:20:28 AM »

If the player is inactive, the Panda goes into stasis and waits. Gameplay video soon!

Cubic321
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 08:14:03 AM »

Game Reliase!

Game url: https://cubic321.itch.io/panda-jumper

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic