Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:59:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Looking for Freelance Level Designer for 2D Metroidvania (Switch/PC/PS4)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Looking for Freelance Level Designer for 2D Metroidvania (Switch/PC/PS4)  (Read 1672 times)
MetaMG
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2019, 11:45:08 AM »

We're looking for a part-time level designer to join the Gestalt: Vanguard team! Gestalt: Vanguard is a forthcoming 2D, narrative-driven action adventure game with light Metroidvania elements, currently in development for Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

The position is PAID and we're looking for a part-time commitment between 8 to 20 hours per week, over a four to six month period. The level designer will assist the game design team in designing and constructing areas, including world design, light puzzle elements, and enemy placement.

If you think you'd be a good fit, please email [email protected], along with a resume, portfolio, samples, rates, and anything else you'd like us to know!

Ideally, we're looking for the following:
- Prior experience in design for 2D action, adventure, and/or Metroidvania titles.
- Strong understanding of action, adventure, and Metroidvania elements.
- Strong background in world building and tightly integrating narrative and gameplay elements.
- An understanding of 'Flow' (or similar) design approach.
- Experience 'gray boxing' world and area/level layouts.   
- Able to effectively work with existing game designers and communicate design ideas and approach to artists and coders.   
- Unity Editor/design experience is a huge plus for hands on work and diving into explicit level building and enemy placement (no C# knowledge required).

A few more details on the project:
Gestalt: Vanguard is an action packed 2D adventure game, with light Metroidvania elements and a tightly integrated narrative. The game features a robust combat system, dozens of enemies, over eight distinct biomes, and a full-fledged visual novel style dialogue system with player choice. Explore an interconnected steam punk world as you undertake quests, slay bosses, and unravel a centuries old mystery at the heart of the Steam City.

Screens:

Jennifer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 11:47:28 PM »

Hi,

I would love to assist you in your requirement .Would love to have a detailed discussion. You can connect me via email as well as Skype.

Email: [email protected]

Regards
Jennifer J
DaniH
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 04:43:22 PM »

Hi there, I would love to help you with your project, please see my work here:

Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/danihaynes/albums/1616646

Instagram: https://www.artstation.com/danihaynes/albums/1616646

Email: [email protected]

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Dani Haynes
George Hennen
Level 0

yeet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 06:50:54 PM »

We're looking for a part-time level designer to join the Gestalt: Vanguard team! Gestalt: Vanguard is a forthcoming 2D, narrative-driven action adventure game with light Metroidvania elements, currently in development for Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

The position is PAID and we're looking for a part-time commitment between 8 to 20 hours per week, over a four to six month period. The level designer will assist the game design team in designing and constructing areas, including world design, light puzzle elements, and enemy placement.

If you think you'd be a good fit, please email [email protected], along with a resume, portfolio, samples, rates, and anything else you'd like us to know!

Ideally, we're looking for the following:
- Prior experience in design for 2D action, adventure, and/or Metroidvania titles.
- Strong understanding of action, adventure, and Metroidvania elements.
- Strong background in world building and tightly integrating narrative and gameplay elements.
- An understanding of 'Flow' (or similar) design approach.
- Experience 'gray boxing' world and area/level layouts.   
- Able to effectively work with existing game designers and communicate design ideas and approach to artists and coders.   
- Unity Editor/design experience is a huge plus for hands on work and diving into explicit level building and enemy placement (no C# knowledge required).

A few more details on the project:
Gestalt: Vanguard is an action packed 2D adventure game, with light Metroidvania elements and a tightly integrated narrative. The game features a robust combat system, dozens of enemies, over eight distinct biomes, and a full-fledged visual novel style dialogue system with player choice. Explore an interconnected steam punk world as you undertake quests, slay bosses, and unravel a centuries old mystery at the heart of the Steam City.

Screens:

email me: [email protected] and i can send an email with me resume
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic