Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:14:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPERSONAL SPACE - A story of galactic exploration and interior decorating
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: PERSONAL SPACE - A story of galactic exploration and interior decorating  (Read 23887 times)
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »

Hey! Nice. Do write about your progress for non visual things.

Anxious to see the new devlog (I won't spoil for the others but I do want to brag that I've seen a screenshot) and those unity insights, those are always welcome.

amasinton
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2020, 02:06:35 PM »

My current main project (thread pending...) has taught me a lot about some basic core Unity stuff that I somehow managed to leapfrog over before, and I want to work toward bringing some of that back over here.

Exciting!

Also, that core Unity stuff you missed the first time around I would love to get some insight into, too.  I'm in the throes of finishing up a game for a client (look at me, talking like a professional) and have realized just how much of Unity I just don't know very well at all.  Like, core stuff.  Like, how to manage screen resolution to maintain crisp visuals, or like the fact that to build ANY standalone on OS X you must have the Xcode Console Developer Tools installed.  Little stuff, but caused me some trouble ...
nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2021, 12:26:01 PM »

Don't mind me, just putting some ideas to MS paint...

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2021, 12:42:29 PM »

"hot steaming piece of framed artwork"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

nova++
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2021, 06:15:46 PM »

NOTICE OF IMPORTANCE: It is strongly advised not to inhale any substances offgassing from a newly deployed AMP shell, due to risk of significant hallucinogenic effects. (This message is not applicable to users with Class 4+ respiratory system replacements)

Just peeking in again, doing some environment touch-ups, as well as overdue backend stuff (like finally, finally, finally re-implementing save loading)...

I really need to find my backup copy of the pre-rebuild version, from when I actually did have all this stuff working...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:29:40 PM by NovaSilisko » Logged

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2021, 09:27:19 PM »

Hey, it's moving again! You alien fuckers gonna receive some ART in your face.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
amasinton
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2021, 01:14:06 PM »

Hardwood floors in space ... just ... mwah! (chef's kiss)!

Also, I NEED an AMP. It reminds me of the kinds of "weapons" Heller made in Mystery Men (a criminally underrated superhero movie).

Finally, I share your pain in the world of: "I had save/load working once upon a time but then I rebuilt my project and now nothing works and everything was so much better back in the old days before I got big ideas and made big changes".

So nice to see the updates here!
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2021, 12:26:50 PM »

Missed these last updates! Looking good. Really like the shapes with the little staircase down to the door. The inventions are great too Cheesy

nova++
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2021, 02:20:58 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic