Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:58:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDune Buggy 3D, an open world car videogame
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dune Buggy 3D, an open world car videogame  (Read 833 times)
solymar
« on: September 26, 2019, 12:33:44 PM »

Preview: "Dune buggy 3D" is a 3D video game that teleports the player into a world of fantastic creatures, open landscapes and dangerous paths. The game revolves around the keys that are scattered in different corners of the map. Once you have collected all the keys by gas force, the big door at the end of the level will open. But you have to be careful! Dangerous creatures such as monsters and aliens will put your life in serious danger. Various items such as missiles and wings will help you complete the levels.

Download link: https://solym4r.itch.io/dune-buggy-3d

About the game: The game is now in version 0.2, so it's still at a very young stage. I have a lot of ideas in my head, including adding more final bosses and bigger and better maps. I'd love to hear your feedback on what I can include and what I can improve. Quotes to the creators of the models and music will be included in version 1.0 of the game.

What to include: Do you think I should include new monsters, or new models of karts, maybe more defined? I could also include new weapons like boomerangs and bows. What do you think about flight mode? Should monsters be more aggressive and dangerous?

Is it better to make open world maps or build closed circuits? I'd really appreciate it if someone posted a video on youtube while playing the game.

Random picks (SPOILER ALLERT ACTIVATED):

Dark Forest starting point

rotating shovels, you don't want to touch them

wrecking ball

lonely streetlight

Pennywise from "IT"

YouTube gameplay:

Thank you very much for your attention and have a nice day from Italy. Gentleman

solym4r
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:18:02 PM by solymar » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 07:27:49 AM »

Hey solymar,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 10:57:37 PM »

This really needs more cohesion, right now it just looks like bunch of assets were tossed into a template.

Think about what assets make sense together to create a coherent level theme. It doesn't have to be realistic, but it shouldn't be so disjointed unless there's a story reason.

solymar
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 11:06:13 PM »

Thank you so much for your comment. You're absolutely right and that's what I'm working on. I'll be happy to hear your comment after the next release.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic