Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:55:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnnamed RPG about an alien
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unnamed RPG about an alien  (Read 869 times)
kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2019, 01:13:59 PM »

I was making this post yesterday but accidentally deleted it Shrug
So this was a game I've been working on since 2013 but got nowhere with back then. I used to constantly start over because it never felt right. But now, I'm finally in an area where I'd say the game is doing good. Here's the finalized design of the main character!

The original software I used to develop this game was Multimedia Fusion 2. That one wasn't a perfect fit, but it's what I used in the early builds (2014-early 2019). I recently switched to RPG Maker MV back in June and it worked perfectly for this game. From August to now I've been composing tracks (finally) for the game so it's not dead silent. I don't want to use the premade RPG Maker assets because I want everything to be as original as can be. There is one other person who works on it with me who makes some of the art (i still do all of the sprites) they just make the larger resolution art (battle backgrounds, cutscenes, etc.)
That brings us to current day. None of the text has been written and has placeholders everywhere, and I'm considering making none of the aliens talk. I've finalized the design of their houses, they live in small cubicles of purple bricks. Right now the purple brick tile is not complete, so this is what I have for now.

I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions, as a playable beta may be here soon!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 04:56:10 PM by kraet64 » Logged

hello
kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 12:42:54 PM »

Got a new update! I've added a new creature to the game, the squeaky!

This is a beta version, but the final version will look pretty similar! These creatures only deal 4 damage, and are found in the early part of the game. Please don't attack them  Cry
Squeakies that attack you are called Feisty Squeakies, while the companions are just Squeakies. I've also came up with an event called "errorhandling" which prevents the player from continuing if my engine thinks something is wrong. This is only for major things that RPG Maker doesn't think about. Example: Say you did something that shouldn't normally happen but RPG Maker doesn't think matters. Depending on how major this glitch is, it will access the errorhandling event. I'm still tweaking everything, but the idea is pretty straightforward.
The crash works like this. The player does something the engine doesn't like, and the engine attempts to load a blank image. When the blank image loads, the game will do this forever.

I've set this event to autorun in old unused maps that were meant only for testing, and for old items which are no longer needed.

hello
kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 11:36:47 AM »

Back again! I've created hopefully the final design for the squeaky.

I've also been working towards getting everything the way I want it. I'm renaming the RC_OUT map to Rock Forest. I'm going to work towards composing songs for earth soon! I am going to quite soon upload a gameplay video of this, so hang on there! I've also finally worked towards a new iconset. The "Gems" are getting icons. Currently I only finished the red gem's icon, but the blue gem is next. There's also a secret Gem in the game that's hard to collect!
Red Gem's icon:

Reminder that it isn't the final version and will change in the future. That's really all I have for now. I just realized I'm on a daily streak of updates... Hope I keep it that way!

hello
suttebun
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 06:52:22 PM »

squeaky looks warm
kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 08:02:09 PM »

The squeaky is, indeed, warm Smiley! I've been working on giving them overworld sprites as well! I also have the earth maps going well. Images will be posted soon!

hello
suttebun
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 10:35:04 AM »

keep it up Toast Right
kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 10:14:41 PM »

I'll be sure to keep it up! Speaking of which, I'm working on a big update that comes tomorrow! Basically, this update gets rid of old content and such, and fixing many issues with earth. I now consider the game 40% done. Grin

hello
kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 11:55:06 AM »

The thanksgiving update comes TODAY! Shocked
Here's what's been changed.
I have made the new menu designs! They are no longer transparent, and I have made original assets for them!

The big city you have to go to now has a theme! Depending where you go, the theme is planned to sound different.
Important: Alien character dialogue has been removed. The aliens no longer speak.
The squeakies have a slight fix in their design.

You can no longer enter the HQ, as it is blocked off by someone.
The player's battle sprite is going to be revamped completely, hopefully by next update.
That's all for now!

hello
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic