Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:54:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsSound Designer, C++/C# Audio Programmer (available)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sound Designer, C++/C# Audio Programmer (available)  (Read 642 times)
Mattia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2019, 03:52:12 AM »

I'm available for unpaid or profit-sharing projects, I'm a sound designer (actually active in the film industry link to my imdb page below) and audio programmer.

If you want to know more about me do not hesitate and contact me!

[email protected]

Best,
Mattia
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:06:48 PM by Mattia » Logged

Mattia Persico
Sound Editor (Film Industry)
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8998484/
fluffrabbit
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 04:09:37 AM »

Very glad I found you. What am I doing wrong with my audio library here?
Mattia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 11:41:52 AM »

What do you wanna do?
I have no experience with sdl but I can help you if you tell me the context and what are you trying to do!

Mattia Persico
fluffrabbit
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 01:36:47 PM »

Just a general-purpose high-level audio library to load and play WAV files. But it's got problems.

* Currently, looping gets stuck. Bad business there. Can't unloop the loop, can't play non-looping and looping at once, pointers to pointers, ugh.

* Windows and Emscripten are each very particular about audio formats, despite SDL's claim to automatically adjust to what the system wants. SDL doesn't really adjust anything, it just sticks to the arbitrary format settings you give it, even if it sounds like shit. Emscripten wants 32-bit float, Windows wants to keep the bandwidth down, Ubuntu doesn't care but generally prefers 2 channels or fewer. How am I supposed to know these things?

So yeah, not a clue what I'm doing. You say you do sound for films? Great! I'm also a filmmaker, so maybe in a few months I'll have something for you in that realm if I can get talent locked down with a script they respect.

EDIT: You worked on Dogman? I apologize, sir. If I "give you" anything in film I would try to make it as light and enjoyable as possible. I worked on Astro. Yeah...
Mattia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 12:13:45 PM »

I'll try to make it (your sdl shell) works in the next few days! Anyway thank you for your offer, even if I'm here to escape that reality and thank to have shared with me Astro! If you like to continue to talk about the movies topic feel free to contact me via DM

Anyway, your interface seems to work for me (on Windows). It plays wav files and the loop flag works fine too… maybe, if you share with me the context in which you are making use of your interface I could help you more!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 01:09:54 PM by Mattia » Logged

Mattia Persico
fluffrabbit
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »

Awesome, thanks! It's incredibly rare to find someone who does both film and low-level programming. I would shoot you an email, but Microsoft blocks my server.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic