Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1368046 Posts in 64191 Topics- by 56125 Members - Latest Member: Morgarten

October 20, 2019, 12:46:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAstro Golf - help balancing the game out
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Astro Golf - help balancing the game out  (Read 66 times)
mrspatula
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »

Hi all,

I just launched my first game, Astro Golf. The original premise, at least, was "Desert Golfing in space".

I've been having some interesting feedback - some people find the game too hard (the gravitational physics maybe aren't very intuitive to some), and some people find it a bit dull.

To address the latter point, I recently added a "Hard mode" - where you are only allowed a single shot per level (you can access it in the menu). Strangely some people are finding the hard mode to be easier - partly because taking the same shot many times allows you to actually learn something about the level - so in some ways it has also addressed the former point.. One idea I have is to add a "ghost" aim arrow in hard mode, to make it even easier to do this iterative learning. I am also wondering if "hard mode" should actually be "easy mode".

Basically: I'd be interested in your observations & thoughts on this topic. You can download the game on iOS, Android for free (first 10 levels can be played repeatedly). link is either astro.golf or https://spatulainteractive.itch.io/astrogolf

Peace,
Spatula
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic