Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:26:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMontly meeting in Dresden, Germany
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Montly meeting in Dresden, Germany  (Read 2066 times)
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2019, 11:20:36 PM »

Hi there,

just a quick headsup that there's a few people in Dresden, Germany, who meet up every month to talk about coding, game development, game design and everything else. It's not a professional style meetup with a presentation, we simply meet in a bar and talk, sometimes bringing a laptop along to show stuff.

We speak German, though. But of course everyone speaks English well enough to carry a conversation for the evening.

Next meeting is coming Tuesday, 2019/10/15, roughly starting at 8pm at the Wohnzimmer Dresden-Neustadt. Come along if you happen to be near, and interested.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Nomismastudio
Level 0

Skyouza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 12:41:04 AM »

Hallo

And haben sie ein Link to the event though ? Ist es schon on Meetup.com ?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:50:26 AM by Nomismastudio » Logged
Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 12:47:37 AM »

No, and no. It's here. And in some German forums I visit regularily.

Nomismastudio
Level 0

Skyouza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 12:54:29 AM »

I am bewildered by Games\rs in Germany. I would never understnad how and why Germany is the 3rd most avid country when it comes to Games and gamers.
I think right after English game-commentators. Germans ziehen sich aus! Bitte Erklären Sie diesen wunder.

RalphAbadie
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:10:39 AM »

What exactly is the topic of the conversation? I will just be in Dresden soon, I would like to take part ...  Gentleman

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence
Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 05:41:59 AM »

At the beginning, the topic was: There's a few humans meeting once every month to talk about gamedev, games, their non-gamedev jobs (mostly coder), movies and you name it. Occasionally one brings a laptop along to show something, but mostly it's just like the same 4 people sitting around and drinking a beverage.

RalphAbadie
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 06:58:32 AM »

At the beginning, the topic was: There's a few humans meeting once every month to talk about gamedev, games, their non-gamedev jobs (mostly coder), movies and you name it. Occasionally one brings a laptop along to show something, but mostly it's just like the same 4 people sitting around and drinking a beverage.
Please leave your contact phone number. I will contact you. Thank you in advance. Gentleman

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence
Lance of Longinus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 02:31:07 PM »

Will there be more of this types of meetings in 2020, or did it end up being a one-time thing, either due to a lack of people showing up or other reasons?
Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 01:57:29 AM »

It was founded in 2013, I think. So yes, it's still going on monthly. I just forgot to post the montly announcement here, too. And I sure as heck will not hand out my cellphone number to random strangers on the internet.

Next meeting will be February 11th, and I hopefully I'll have my laptop with me that time because I achieved anything until then.

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 04:49:19 AM »

As announced before: upcoming Meetup happens at the 11th of February in a bar named Purple Magic in Dresden-Neustadt. We usually start at 8pm plus a grace period because everyone of us is employed and/or has family. I'll try to bring my Laptop so you can tell us apart from the usual bar crowd.

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 07:49:59 AM »

Next meetup is one week late at coming Tuesday, March 17th of 2020, as usual starting roughly at 8pm in Purple Magic Dresden-Neustadt.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic