Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:11:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallA Roguelike card game@@Devil's Deck
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Roguelike card game@@Devil's Deck  (Read 1029 times)
touchtimes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2019, 07:17:36 PM »

Hello, everyone. Our new game has been released and we need a little feedback:)

Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1093320/Devils_Deck/

Devil's Deck is a roguelike adventure in a magical and dangerous dungeon, we have to explore various events in the secret world, strive to enrich the deck and emphasize the strength before the arrival of a powerful devil.

Why did Devil's Deck Developed
In Devil's Deck we've combined the rogue-like, card game and fighting game genres to create a brand-new type of game, and the result is highly praised, which exceeds our exceptions. However, we're just getting started and plan to work on Devil's Deck for a long time still, hence why we've released it in Steam Early Access at this time.

The gameplay
It is a rogue-like adventure in a magical and dangerous dungeon, where you can explore a secret world and experience exciting events, while striving to enrich your deck and build your deck before the arrival of a powerful demon.

As a rogue-like game, every exploration is a new beginning. You will encounter different maps, events, cards, items, etc., and will eventually match a different set of cards to create a unique adventure.

Which cards to immolate or use, where a minion to place, all of that means you have plenty choices.
Game Features:
Unique system -- Original combat system, it is quite different from other card games, and both sides are using cards.
Roguelike -- Random dungeon world, every adventure is a new exploration.
Dynamic Deck-building -- The initial deck will be gradually strengthened during the adventure, and each adventure will create a different deck.
Abundant contents -- The current version contains more than 240 cards, more than 70 items, more than 80 monsters, and 3 distinct heroes.
Tough Challenges -- There are 20 difficulty levels that can be challenged, every choice needs to be considered carefully under high difficulty.

Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 01:45:14 PM »

I see you have 115 reviews already... what sort of feedback have all those people failed to provide that you need us for?
touchtimes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 06:24:13 PM »

Most of those replies are from players, we want to listen more sound from devs or some other experts. It's kind important that get different suggestions from different roles, we would like to take any advise that could make a better game.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 04:39:35 AM »

If you're here for feedback from devs or other experts maybe you could provide some keys or a time-limited demo.

Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 11:44:40 PM »

Okay, since you asked nicely, here's some stream of consciousness:

It's disappointing to be presented with a choice of three characters, decide which one you want, and then be told that you have to pick a different one. If the first run has to be done with a particular character, make the other ones look locked or greyed out or something. ...After winning my first run with bronze shaman, I'm still not allowed to try the other characters yet.

I'm not convinced that the "Transform" option should be so common (way more common than Forget). It means you end up with totally random cards in your deck (to replace your starter cards), which prevents you from building wacky combo decks effectively.

I appreciate the resource system: immolating your cards and the trance ability give you some elements of control over what's going on even on slow turns.

The enemy Skills make each battle pretty distinct, that's nice.

Having healing in combat means that a player could potentially decide to just sit around in combat with an enemy for a long time to heal back up to full. It's not as big a danger in this game as it is in others because your creatures attack automatically and healing out of combat isn't that hard to find, but it's a thing to keep in mind.

It's confusing that so many winged creatures don't have Flying.

Many cards are slightly mislabeled. There are a bunch that don't say "until end of turn" even though they only last until end of turn.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to hand out Innate so liberally. I end up starting with the same two turns in every battle, which is a little repetitive.
touchtimes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »

If you're here for feedback from devs or other experts maybe you could provide some keys or a time-limited demo.

Of course,but really i don't how to send the keys to other devs.
Maybe you could PM me so that i can give keys to others?
Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 11:20:52 PM »

Okay, after trying out the other characters, I guess Transform works better than I thought, but mostly because each character's card set is pretty simple: since each character's cards are built around a small number of combo mechanics, the odds that you'll get a card useful to your deck when you Transform a card you don't want are pretty high. But this also means that there aren't that many valid ways to build a deck for each character, which makes replaying over and over again less enticing.
touchtimes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 06:27:43 PM »

Okay, after trying out the other characters, I guess Transform works better than I thought, but mostly because each character's card set is pretty simple: since each character's cards are built around a small number of combo mechanics, the odds that you'll get a card useful to your deck when you Transform a card you don't want are pretty high. But this also means that there aren't that many valid ways to build a deck for each character, which makes replaying over and over again less enticing.

Thanks for your feedback, that's what we hope to get from the community.

About the characters selection, we will have a optimaze in the latest update, which could make players understand which hero can choose.

In our beta test, some players felt that the difficulty was too high, while others felt that the difficulty was moderate. In order to take care of the feelings of most players, we weakened the difficulty in the EA version, making the game better. Then we will adjust the difficulty of the game and the balance of the cards according to the feedback from the players.

So sorry about the grammer mistakes, ourselves did the whole translation, hope that won't effect your experience. We will find some professtional localiazer for the offical version, also will add Russian and Spanish.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic