Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1369537 Posts in 64357 Topics- by 56374 Members - Latest Member: smartympro

November 21, 2019, 05:08:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesVideo Games, High Art, Roger Ebert & the Cultural Ghetto
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Video Games, High Art, Roger Ebert & the Cultural Ghetto  (Read 1046 times)
ThemsAllTook
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2019, 09:14:30 AM »

I've got no real reason to be here, other than to perhaps have genuine interaction with other gamedevs.

Isn't that what you're having here? What I see reading this thread is a mostly-respectful debate about the artistic merit of a work. It's totally OK for you not to like Shit Game, and I feel like it should be OK with you for other people to see something genuine in it. We don't need a consensus on things like this.

michaelplzno
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2019, 11:53:41 AM »

Yeah I guess that's what it is, I actually think Shit Game deserves a better name frankly, as it has more merit than just shit.

I worry that I argue too much, so I sort of over-correct and that's also an issue too.

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 8

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »

A little bit of controversy and disagreement makes for entertaining reading. It certainly worked for Ebert. We're still talking about him years after he's been gone. I've enjoyed jousting with you over my little dumb game.  Gomez

I've actually never seen any of your work. I suppose I should look it up and check it out.

@doomlaser, mark johns
michaelplzno
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2019, 10:00:20 AM »

I'm glad you enjoyed our conversation.

I'm usually quite proud of my work which I suppose is off putting or something. I've done a bunch of things, some more artsy, some political, some just for fun, if you @golds, or anyone on tig have any questions or critique feel free to reach out.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic