Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:23:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpacerunner Demo 1 - A one button runner game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spacerunner Demo 1 - A one button runner game  (Read 1030 times)
bitbotzgames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2019, 07:31:23 AM »

Are your reactions fast enough to help an astronaut to jump from planet to planet and avoid obstacles to find a lost spaceship part?

Important:

• You can find the rules on the Itch.io site.
  • You finished the level, if you got the lost spaceship part.

Please give me feedback:

• All game mechanics that you can see in the demo should feel polished and finished.
  • Is the reset time short enough to fastly start again?
  • Do you feel to have full control over the direction in which the player walks when entering an atmosphere?
  • Was something not working as you would normaly expect it?

It's also playable on mobile.

ArtInkStudios
Level 0

Art Ink Studio Logo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 04:15:27 PM »

After playing Space Runner to which it reminds me of a lite 2d platform version of Super Mario Galaxy. To start off, I apologize of not having a recorded video to display the playthrough for feedback. Mostly it not working right now on my laptop. But, I do have a few suggestions that may help improve your game. While controlling the movement are responsive and the obstacle requires to use timing and precision when to leaping from world to world is interesting. However, at time it feels that you have to do a leap of faith when encounter two cactus while not stopping. Maybe you can add a item like a boot to locate in the level and when acquire that allow the player to do a double jump over space cactus for example. Another item for the player to locate is the rocket backpack. When acquired, you used it when you leap out of bound by press and hold the button to activate it. But will have at least 8 bars of how much the player to used before it runs out.    
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 04:27:03 PM by ArtInkStudios » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »

Got the door, was there more than that?

Its a little to unforgiving for my tastes, I messed up a lot of the jumps over and over.

Nice graphics, very clean.

Dune
Level 0

Hey!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »

Thanks for sharing, I think your demo's pretty solid. Here's some feedback:

Controls, objectives, game mechanics and hazards are fairly clear and intuitive. I was able to figure out quite easily how to play and what I needed to do without reading the rules. (Of course, I think it's good you have rules to keep things clear or guide someone who's never played a runner game before.)

Reset time is good, it makes it easy to keep playing and not feel like there's a delay.

I think the sound effect for when you die is rather harsh, the reverberation is a bit strong and honestly it makes me feel pretty bad when I mess up. I would suggest toning it down a little.

The controls are very smooth and tight. The clean artwork and catchy music feel very polished, too.

I liked the bubbles a lot because I felt like I could slow down and plan my next move better. I'm not a huge fan of fast-paced runner games or games that are intentionally really difficult, so I like opportunities where I can take a step back and pace myself.

I hope this helps! Good luck with developing your game, I think it's looking good so far. Smiley
LeifTerry
Level 0

Interested.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 01:38:29 PM »

I took turns playing this with my kids. We all loved it.
My son (age 11) got through the demo with no difficulty. My daughter (age 9) and I were also both able to complete it eventually.

I think the graphics are great and the gameplay is tight.

My only complaint is that I wanted more of it;. More easier levels to practice on and more complicated levels to explore later.
Wish list item: a user level editor.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 08:20:58 AM »

Hey bitbotzgames,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

bitbotzgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 10:28:31 AM »

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. Great forum  Hand Thumbs Up Left
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 11:45:18 AM »

I was expecting to hate it (one button games are not my thing), but it's actually pretty neat. I ended up on a planet from which there was no escaping, not sure if that was just the end of the demo. Looks nice, works well and was easy to pick up.

Nodragem
Level 0

Trying to make fun games!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 02:17:53 AM »

Super nice!
I thought that Godot Engine had some difficulties to export in WebGL, but it seems that you are doing just fine!

The one button gameplay works very well and the graphics are nic; can't wait to see more levels.

One thing I was not sure about: is the aim to get the map or to get the map back to the ship? maybe add a little "SUCCESS!" text when we succeed to finish the level; I was unsure if I did things right!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic