Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:21:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat type of games are going popular these days?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What type of games are going popular these days?  (Read 8030 times)
Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 10:28:13 AM »

Indeed, as indie developers, our best chance at making a living is if players are distributed as evenly across games as possible, with none of them being popular and sucking up all the players. I stand with The Armorman here.
Micah.WhiteBoxGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 11:16:35 AM »

I think the Indie market offers options and innovation where commercial offers safe games and traditional stories etc. We are starting to see indie games come up and become mainstream but its still rare. Mine craft for example was a freak of nature. Whats trending these days is the same crap since 1990 just better graphics and a few more options to customize your stuff. MMO, RPG, Shooters etc all have the same generic story line they had for years in the commercial world. Investors want something safe. The name of the game has not changed. Money lol! The best polished games are commercial games and the best innovative games are indie. You want a challenge buy indie. You want to relive every childhood fantasy of Good vs Evil buy commercial. Something in between? Go make it. 
angrycactus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2020, 09:31:08 PM »

I'd say that battle royale and FPS games are the ones trending the most. I personally don't understand the appeal to them since I'm more of an RPG kind of person who enjoys a rich narrative and open-world experience but it is what it is
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic