Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:22:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMechanic 8230
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Mechanic 8230  (Read 12403 times)
Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »

I'm very happy to share that Mechanic 8230 is being featured as part of a new steam event!

THE BIG ADVENTURE EVENT!  #theBAE

Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2021, 09:39:26 AM »

Hey! What's up? It's been a long time since there was news about the Mechanic 8230. We will write in order)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 06:33:54 AM by Nudiventra » Logged

Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2021, 01:13:52 PM »

We took part in the Indie Cup S'21! We were nominated in 6 categories: Best Art, Best PC Game, Rising Star, Critics' Choice, Streamers' Choice, Best Sound. The organizers have prepared a lot of interesting things this time. We are pleased to announce that Mechanic 8230 has won two nominations at once: Critics' Choice and Rising Star.
Thanks to the organizers of this event and everyone who supported us! Gomez

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 06:50:39 AM by Nudiventra » Logged

Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2021, 06:44:26 AM »

The Demo version Alpha 0.2.171 has been updated on Steam! We look forward to your feedback and testing!

Download https://store.steampowered.com/app/1432680/Mechanic_8230

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2021, 09:30:49 AM »

Oh wow, this looks beautiful! How did it fly under my radar for two years? Going to try the demo!

Congrats on the nominations + wins!
Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2021, 02:54:47 AM »

Oh wow, this looks beautiful! How did it fly under my radar for two years? Going to try the demo!

Congrats on the nominations + wins!

Thank you very much! We will be glad if you play the game!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2021, 05:55:54 AM »

Just played it. Love the mood! And it runs flawlessly on my Linux machine, for what that's worth Smiley
Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2021, 07:33:36 AM »

Just played it. Love the mood! And it runs flawlessly on my Linux machine, for what that's worth Smiley
Thank you for testing and feedback! Smiley By the way, we are developing this game on Linux (Xubuntu)

RodDeLaPan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2021, 09:41:48 AM »

I really like how this looks! Too bad my 2007 specs PC couldn't run it over ~5 fps Tears of Joy must give it a shot once I upgrade.
Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2021, 03:12:23 AM »

We are participating in the second Big Adventure Event on Steam. For those who are adventurous!  Gentleman

The event dates – January 20-24, 2022
Dev signups – November 22 thru December 15
Fans can also sign up with their email to be notified!

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2021, 04:07:08 AM »

Art looks very nice, and story setup is also interesting. Wish you success with next Steam event!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2021, 05:06:46 AM »

Will there be a new demo?
baftis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2021, 06:21:24 AM »

Hello, Nudiventra.

I've tried your demo and I have some feedback for your consideration, should you choose and listen to it:

- One of the main pillars of a point and click adventure is the dialogue/monologue. I am very aware that you (or you guys) are from a Russian speaking country, but please pay more attention to the quality of the dialogue/monologue content. Sometimes it's clunky and pulls you out of the story. Hire a professional translator to at least proofread your dialogue for grammatical errors.

At one point, the dialogue was misleading: when the character says "Too far" when attempting to use an item from your inventory, I actually went near the object and attempted using the same item again, only to be prompted with "Can't apply" (or something to that effect, I forgot the actual line of dialogue).

-  I got stuck at the transformer puzzle: I could not find a clue nor did I receive proper feedback on what the actual position for each handle is. Consider placing something like LED's on top of the handles to give feedback to the player that at least one handle is in the proper position.

Say that one of the handle is correctly positioned, but the other two aren't. Said handle in the correct position could have the LED blink green for one second after the player pulls the lever and the other two blink red. This way, the player knows he did something right to progress through the puzzle.

Now, it is completely possible that there was some clue in the Lab that hinted at the solution for the transformer puzzle, but I could not find it and I spent about 15-20 minutes finding it, after which I've lost my patience and closed the game.

- Consider spacing out the puzzles that are more difficult: at the first puzzle at the lab (the one in the opened hatch), I spent around 10-15 minutes solving it. While I did figure out what to do rather quickly, it took me a long time to actually position the puzzle pieces so that I can advance. Immediately after this puzzle, the transformer puzzle shows up, which, as mentioned above, I got stuck at it. Consider placing easier puzzles in between difficult ones or something that drives the story further or something like that. This way, the player would have some "thinking break" between difficult puzzles.

Otherwise, it is an attractive game that I look forward to playing. The setting is unique and the premise is refreshing. Graphics look really cool, too.

Best of luck, mate(s)!

Against The Mountain - First Person Adventure/Platformer DevLog - https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=72358.0
Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2021, 10:46:50 AM »

Art looks very nice, and story setup is also interesting. Wish you success with next Steam event!

Thank you for comment! We really appreciate it!  Smiley

Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »

Will there be a new demo?

No, there will be the same demo)

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2021, 01:28:02 AM »

Well, then there's no reason for me to play again but at least I can wish you good luck!  Coffee
Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2022, 06:11:19 AM »

"2022 appeared on the screen ..."

Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2022, 06:15:42 AM »

As you know, yesterday the release of the Mechanic 8230 was supposed to take place...but we had to postpone it approximately for the spring.
For some reason the barge with the build is delayed...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 09:09:19 AM by Nudiventra » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2022, 06:16:37 AM »

Oh no!

Oh well, guess I'll get it later in spring then Smiley

Good luck with the last miles of development! (not including post-release fixes I guess) Looking forward to play the game!
Nudiventra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2022, 10:18:13 AM »

Oh no!

Oh well, guess I'll get it later in spring then Smiley

Good luck with the last miles of development! (not including post-release fixes I guess) Looking forward to play the game!

We want to make the game better and more interesting.  And I really appreciated your support for what we do! Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic