Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:40:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoAwake
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Awake  (Read 4093 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2009, 05:49:30 PM »

30 years ago, 353 children aged 7-15 fell into a coma in what has since been called the most devastating space-accident of all time. Of these 353 children 142 were euthanized by their families. Another 95 died later due to complications.

3 years ago the 116 surviving children began coming out of their comatose state into a drastically changed world than the one they had left behind -- and children no longer. Once some of the brightest youths in their era, they are now merely adults missing 30 years of development and growth.

Now the new adults, nicknamed "The Awake" by media outlets, must return to school to learn and relearn the world they thought they once knew: a new universal standard language has taken hold while they were slept, of which they know none. The new vehicular standard mandatory for surface-travel is the K-shuttle, which they must learn to pilot. 30 monumental years of history is yet unknown to them.
If they ever hope to have a chance at a normal life once more, The Awake must catch up to the present.

If anyone wants to help me with this that'd be cool. I can do the art.
I hope this starts to exist sometime soon.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:57:22 PM by Xion » Logged

ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 06:24:36 PM »

The plot synopsis is great, Xion. What kind of gameplay do you have in mind?
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »

Awesome. Definitely interested in this one.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 06:50:40 PM »

Chevy - I...have a picture in my head but it's hard to pin down. I mainly wanted to get the idea down, I'll maybe try prototyping something in GM or something? I've never prototyped anything before. Maybe it'll help.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 06:51:19 PM »

Go go go!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ChevyRay
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »

Chevy - I...have a picture in my head but it's hard to pin down. I mainly wanted to get the idea down, I'll maybe try prototyping something in GM or something? I've never prototyped anything before. Maybe it'll help.
You need any help, you know who to call Well, hello there!
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »

30 years ago, 353 children aged 7-15 fell into a coma in what has since been called the most devastating space-accident of all time.

Got a Haruki Murakami "Kafka on the Shore" thing going for ya here! The only thing that book lacked was giant mechas, and I'm looking to you to rectify that omission!

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
haroldoop
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »

Sounds like a pretty interesting concept.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »

I really like the idea of an alternate history educational game. I can't wait to learn Esperanto UniSLang!

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 11:28:19 PM »

30 years ago, 353 children aged 7-15 fell into a coma in what has since been called the most devastating space-accident of all time.

Got a Haruki Murakami "Kafka on the Shore" thing going for ya here!

Haha, just what I thought (I'm reading that right now, it's lovely).
Renton
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 01:22:12 AM »

Loving the story. Will follow this.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »

Okay so I think I have an idea for gameplay now. It might be a point + click type dealio with some other stuff involved.

...yes, at the moment that is seeming like the best option.

Looking forward to making the K-Shuttle driving segments. Might be something more suited to the cockpit compo, that.

Need some suggestions for the gameplay for the science and math parts. Math I want to be kind of actually real math but still fun, if that's possible. Maybe be given an equation and find the numbers that make it work type thing but with less thinking involved and more rockin'ness. Science could be some kind of astronomy/microbiology/atomic minigame or something.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic