Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:02:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAzura - The Two Views of a World
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Azura - The Two Views of a World  (Read 520 times)
ProjectMakers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2019, 08:20:59 AM »

Hello gaming world!

My name is Daniel and I am a passionate gamer and indie game developer!
I'm currently working with my colleague on a game called Azura - The Two Views of a World, where players can switch between the two protagonists' controls.

The focus of the game is based on the fact that different characters with different personal backgrounds often have their own view of the world they are in.

I develop a mechanic that takes this as a starting point and visually integrates it into the game. The two protagonists perceive their world differently and have to learn from each other to move forward.

One topic that is unfortunately doesn’t stand out in the gaming industry is empathy and understanding for others who haven’t learned what others take for granted. We want to address this issue and create a game that will make people start to reflect on their actions and thoughts.

The project is currently under construction and there is already a Kickstarter page - otherwise you can hardly be financed nowadays ^^

I'm not an AAA developer, so the feedback from you as gamers is very important to me!

Here is the trailer, have a closer look Smiley

I hope for a lively discussion!

Best regards,
Daniel  Coffee

Azura - The Two Views of a World
An open world medieval fantasy RPG with dragons - Now on Kickstarter
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 01:32:24 PM »

I love this concept of playing two characters with different viewpoints of a world -- I think the way you've executed on that and want to explore it is really great: there's subtle, detailed differences (field of view, different highlights, different colours), and I like your plans for gameplay centered around these agents 'learning' from each other.

It sounds like a lot of work to explore this innovative idea through the lens of such a labour-intensive genre. I wish you the best of luck.

ProjectMakers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 11:45:10 PM »

Thank you for your kind words!
It will be a lot of work, yes. For us during the development phase and also for the player(s) later. We want to focus on creating not just another "everyday RPG", but a unique world that stands out from any other, regarding both gameplay mechanics and how the world will be created.

We have to gain range with this project though. The feedback we get is mostly positive or at least contains constructive criticism, but altogether it's very good! If you like the idea, let people know Smiley

Azura - The Two Views of a World
An open world medieval fantasy RPG with dragons - Now on Kickstarter
gennosuke6
Level 0

Fino alla fine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 08:10:19 AM »

Very interesting concept that you choosed for this game. I liked the trailer, and I`ll be waiting for some gameplay video or more news on the project when you have.

Sure it will be a lot of work on this, and I wish you all the best.

Creating things that I love!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic