Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:48:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAlchemico, a shack-building management sim
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Alchemico, a shack-building management sim  (Read 3651 times)
stryfe
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2019, 06:19:30 PM »

What

Alchemico is a "shack-building" game about exploring, transforming and creating. You'll develop your alchemy shack by building from your walls to your alchemic tools, processing ingredients with different properties and producing fantastic products to fulfill your contracts and grow your reputation.
I'm solo developing it in Monogame.

Why

I love games that let you be creative and enjoy your gameplay style, so my main desire is to deliver a game where you can experiment and get through it by your own way. My main inspirations for creating this game are Stardew Valley and RimWorld.

Who

My name is Guilherme, I'm 27 and I'm a developer and artist from Brazil. I dabble with amateur gamedev for about 5 years and don't currently have any commercially released games. Smiley

Entries

15/02/2020 - Overview and first steps

Thanks for your attention, cya~!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 09:59:52 AM by stryfe » Logged

stryfe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 09:57:50 AM »

After a couple of months I finally decide to post a "first stuff" update! Smiley

Overview

I tried to find what the loop of the game would be and I found something along the lines of "Stardew Valley meets RuneScape". I have a hard time conceptualizing the game without thinking about "developed" games, but whatever works, right?

Basically everything that's been done til now

What mostly helped me go on this time was starting by some graphics. The HD approach didn't work for me and I decided to go pixel art one more time. For any reason I'm liking these sprites a bit more. Playing Littlewood helped me a lot to get to this minimalist style I quite liked.

Some item designs

What's been done

- A lot of code: I've been trying for some months to let go of my compulsion of "clean code" and get my hands dirty to just make things work. This has been really nice because all of what's done is data-driven with components and systems thanks to this approach.
- Recipes and loop design: it's been a rollercoaster ride to understand what would fit a nice gameplay, but I think I'm finally getting there. Next update should have some of the main game loop which will feature recipes and lots of crafting!

Recipes coming next to grind that herb Tongue

Well, it's been in the later 2 or 3 weeks that I've been developing most of this and it's nice to have something to share. Hope to have the crafting done to put it here in the next week! Smiley

Extra: A little soundtrack I tried putting together just to test the BGM/SoundEffects of Monogame (I got a bit carried away): OST #1

Thanks for your attention, cya~!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 10:05:35 AM by stryfe » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic