Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58425 Members - Latest Member: solpreston

April 23, 2024, 09:20:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpace ARPG (Browser game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space ARPG (Browser game)  (Read 606 times)
mason1
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2019, 02:49:30 PM »

Hello. I have been working on a game called Space ARPG.

Space ARPG is a hack-n-slash game that in place of traditional ARPGs where you play as a person, you play as a space vessel.

This space vessel instead of weapons and armour only has one single type: Modules. These modules can be placed anywhere there is space on the user's ship, barring some other constraints.

You find modules by killing enemies or by buying them from a vendor.

All ships has a Specie (Protectorate, Monsterorate, Bacterorate) and a Class (Frigate, Marauder, Overclocker, Flagship) to choose from which strongly influences the stats and functionality of the ship.

Right now there is a single Act, containing 10 different levels.

In game screenshots:

The game is playable at: http://spacearpg.com

The games system requirement is a browser of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer.

I love any comments/feedback/suggestions/criticism/questions. The game is in alpha so it might have the occasional bug or issue. Let me know what ship build you decide on!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:31:04 PM by mason1 » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 07:37:58 AM »

mason1,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts

mason1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 12:37:07 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the review.

I have made progress on the jittering. The game is online, so in particular your distance from East Coast USA will have an impact, although even still it should be largely mitigated now since the last update (Which was before your play).

Your commentary was helpful. I realize I made a large error in skipping the tutorial 2 in that you aren't guided to selecting a new ship. One of the fundamental aspects of Space ARPG is the Specie/Class selection which is introduced in tutorial 2. I will need to make it so if you skip the tutorial, the new ship option comes up.

Also, I think I should have the player access the vendor after entering the Asteroid Ring as ship creation is the core aspect of the game and I can understand why someone would not access it after viewing your play.

The black shaded area that reflects in the Moon's Surface level is supposed to be a wall but I lack graphical assets. Do you think darkening it further would be better? Or does it really just need a different graphic?

Again, thank you for taking the time.
Mason.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic