Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1370461 Posts in 64470 Topics- by 56532 Members - Latest Member: Aevv01

December 15, 2019, 06:59:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[PC][Mac] Galactic Asteroids Patrol [Help With Testing]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PC][Mac] Galactic Asteroids Patrol [Help With Testing]  (Read 382 times)
Nanush
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2019, 01:28:01 AM »

Hi there,
I'm new here, and after introducing myself, i'm trying this post Smiley

7 years ago Me & a friend developed a game called "The Galactic Asteroids Patrol".
now that my dream of becoming an indie dev has re-awaken and im learning how to code, I decided to try and publish it so I can learn & gain some experience in the field of marketing & publishing a finished game and integrating steam into a game.
The other main reason is because I want people to play this game i have worked so hard to create Smiley

I'm looking Blink for people to test the game, the steam store is up as "coming soon" and I have some beta keys.
I'm looking for feedback on balance & bug fixes.
I thought about posting in play testing but from reading the board rules, I understood it is not the place to post it because it's not in a stage I can do large changes.

If this post is out of place please let me know.
Pm me if you would like to test the game and get a key.

Steam Store:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1199240/Galactic_Asteroids_Patrol/

Itch Page:
https://noamtolednao.itch.io/tgap

The Transient
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 02:21:09 AM »

This looks like an awesome take on an old classic!

Very polished looking, well done.
Nanush
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 02:36:15 AM »

Thanks man  Gentleman
I have sent you a key

The Transient
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »

Looking very good so far.

Installation was quick and pain free.

Thought 'here we go...' when the game forced a resolution change, with a sudden magnification of desktop wall paper and icon size. But once it got into the game, all was ok. I have an ultra-wide screen, so this caused black bars on the left and right. But this is normal operation for this screen for aspect ratio changes. No stretching, so this is a good thing.

If you have the option in your engine, I'd personally make the screen black and then change the resolution. This would add to the overall polish, as there would be no indication of resolution changes going on.

My native resolution (2560 x 1080) was not selectable in the graphics options, maxing out at 1920 x 1080. Not a huge problem either, games like StarCraft II do this intentionally so people don't get an unfair advantage by having a greater field of view than their opponent.

Still getting used to having to aim with the mouse and moving around with the WSAD keys, but that's really just part of learning the game.

Did find two things though. One error and one bug.

The error first

Should read as "Your Rank Is #".

And the bug

Selecting the audio menu at the level summary or upgrade screen, blends with the former screen.

Elements from both menus can be chosen as well while in this state. For example, the scroll bar in the image above still works, even though the audio menu is technically on top of the other menu.

Apart from these problems, I haven't been able to find anything else obvious at this stage.
Nanush
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 10:05:45 PM »

Cool!
I will check if the game can support your resolution, and see about the black screen when changing res.
We built it with unity 3.5, back then there wasn't many super wide screens, I hope it can do it because its sounds like fun playing experience on this type of wide view.

For the error and bug. I will fix that.

and thank you again!

Nanush
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 01:21:13 AM »

I have uploaded a new beta build to test other screen resolutions, (it also includes the bug & error fix).
To get the beta build go to the steam client: library > Galactic asteroids patrol > right click & select > properties > BETAS tab > from the drop down choose: "other_aspect_ratio_test - Testing....."

The Transient
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 04:51:56 PM »

Running the new build but still seeing the same behaviour with menus.

2560 x 1080 is now selectable but title screen is wrong.

Mouse is now off on selecting ships. Weapon selection is still ok.

In game works fine but your backgrounds don't fit, similar to the title screen.

Are your backgrounds hard coded to 16:9?
Nanush
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 09:34:22 PM »

Thank you!
I think the wide screen will take some more work then I initially thought, so I'm adding it to my later to do list.
Oh that is a different/another menu Facepalm, I missed that, i'll fix that to.

The Transient
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 09:40:51 PM »

Hehe, I'd be checking all menus if I were you.  Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic