Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:50:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDIVINATION - A Futuristic Fortune Teller Simulator (Steam Release)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DIVINATION - A Futuristic Fortune Teller Simulator (Steam Release)  (Read 996 times)
bluilisht
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2019, 12:57:56 AM »

PLAY DIVINATION ON STEAM

Trapped inside the room full of screens.

A pair of hands who can predict your future.

Ask a question and draw the runes, they will unveil the forthcoming.

This is the future you'll live in.
A small world, a city.
Full of uncertainty and doubt, violence and obsession.

In a time of despair, they'll have nothing to trust.
They'll come, they'll seek.

DIVINATION.

It will answer every question.
The secret inside one's heart;
The fortune for tomorrow;
The fate of the loved one;
The meaning of life;
Everything.

You are the Diviner.
The runes have been set, show them the answer.

DIVINATION is a short game where you act as a fortune teller in a futuristic world. Player would talk and listen to people's stories, then foresee their future using the runes they had drawn.

FEATURES

•    4 different clients in all different kinds of story, flesh, and mind.
  •    Rune reading mechanic.
  •    Multiple endings based on the outcomes of your divination.
  •    Flowchart divination to ease player experience.
  •    Ominous ethno-futuristic soundtrack.

Divination is coming to Steam on 12 December, wishlist now on Steam! bit.ly/divination-steam

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 01:48:38 AM by bluilisht » Logged

bluilisht
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 06:20:56 AM »

I want to talk about the divination mechanic today.

So most people might've already guessed that our game is heavily inspired by VA-11 Hall-A. I really enjoy our role as a player in that game, where we have to serve and talk with clients and learn the world through that interaction. For me tho, the game is quite too long. So I want to make a shorter and more compact experience. Not just that, I also want to make a more puzzly game.

The fortune-telling mechanic is inspired by another game, which is GROW series from http://www.eyezmaze.com/

GROW is kind of casual puzzle game, where the player has to determine the correct combination of buttons to click to maximize the grow of their world and ultimately achieve a good ending. Clicking a button will add an object to the world. The objects in the world will then interact with each other based on the order they appear. Player can guess the correct order by observing the rule that the object interacts.

I really like the simplicity of it and always want to make a game based on that mechanic. Then finally I have the idea to combine it with the theme of fortune-telling. The idea to use VA11-Hall-A as reference comes after that when I imagine the player's role in the game.

Thus DIVINATION is built with that intention in our mind.

In the end, I have this base design of DIVINATION as a narrative and puzzle experience. I put my message through the story and crafted the game as a puzzle with 3 stacks of layer; where player has to guess the meaning of the divination's image, the relation between the runes and their order, and the role of the characters in the narrative and story event.

That's how the game comes to be. There's still problem with the narrative especially because I don't think that my message really comes through, but I'm still quite proud of the result. We're gonna release it in 2 more days, hopefully the experience is compelling to you.

bluilisht
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 07:50:17 PM »

DIVINATION is now on Steam, you can buy the game on bit.ly/divination-steam for $1.99

here's our release trailer

Also there's Fan Pack DLC if you're interested on some additional content like our concept art

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic