Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:52:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioI need some music ideas for my game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I need some music ideas for my game  (Read 2915 times)
FGG
Level 0

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »

Hi there. I'm a small developer currently making a video game for the Nintendo Switch. It's a wrestling rpg. You might have saw it about a year or so ago on journalist sites. I am currently developing the demo, but there's one thing I have yet to touch on, which is crucial for rpgs: music. I have no idea what kind of music I want to do for this. At first it was like rock n roll, then heavy metal; but then I thought maybe classic rpg music will work instead, despite the setting being modern and action based. Something unique but not too out there, either. I am having trouble getting a read on what I want, so I wanted to see if the creative minds here could maybe help me out with some music samples, examples, or "feel" when you see my game. The game is influenced by Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, and a little of Paper Mario. Thank you.

Here's a link to the webpage: Wrestling RPG
Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 05:01:39 AM »

Oh man! Suplex Saga looks unreal!
I'd definitely be going for traditional jrpg music as a foundation but I'd give it flavours of retro-modern sounds/genres rather than fantasy. So as an example, less traditional instruments/samples and more 80s synths, electronic beats and maybe even a little Streets of Rage influence? Plenty of hype when needed and a little humour would go well I imagine.
Anyway, it looks great! I'll follow you on YouTube or something. Feel free to reach out if you need help with composing.

FGG
Level 0

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 07:29:18 AM »

Those are good advice, Voltz. It sounds about what my mind was wandering to, but not sure how to phrase it. I like music, but I'm far less audio savvy than others in how to speak it.
Cosinus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 02:43:29 AM »

You could try and mix genres, make a jrpg soundtrack with rock/metal or electronic influences. this could add a unique flavor to the soundtrack and fit well with the tone of your game. You could blend rpg soundfonts with synth and guitars, that could be great. I hope this advice was helpful..
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 06:29:31 PM »

The music in your trailer seems to be in the right direction.

E0
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 01:26:44 PM »

Hey OP, your game looks like a load of fun! I'd be happy to put something together for you, I used to play in a prog rock band and am trying to start composing and producing. Here's a playlist of my latest batch of songs. I can adapt some of this or write something you describe and I can do it in a timely fashion. Let me know what you think.
laneyman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 10:09:16 AM »

Try 8 bit music, or 80's synth wave sounds are really in vogue.
Games Of Music
Level 0

We are gamers and we compose music for videogames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 03:18:26 AM »

Hi!  We are gamers and also music composers for videogames. 

We can make a demo for your game, just let us know what you want!

You can check some of the other tracks visiting www.gamesofmusic.com or soundcloud.com/gamesofmusic

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic