Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:28:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCyberpunk run and gun
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cyberpunk run and gun  (Read 2552 times)
The_Vecter
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2019, 10:13:20 PM »

I have always tried making my own games and recently I decided to try and actually finish a game.
I present: a cyberpunk run and gun.

Is is still in the prototype phase but I have the player movement, shooting and basic enemies done.

Plot:
The biggest mega-corporation has started to produce robots. These robots are seen as a concern to most people,
so you are hired to investigate the mega-corporation. (basic plot)

Gameplay:
Obviously since it is a run and gun, most of the gameplay will revolve around shooting enemies,
but I plan to have some puzzles based on shooting

There will also be a level select. This could be made to have branching paths,
one which gives you upgrades or possibly allows you to face an easier boss at the cost of a longer level?

The graphics will either be pixel art or art similar to don't starve. It depends on how long the art takes and how hard animating will be.

I will post a new update in a week or two, depending on how much I get done and if it looks better than a prototype.
If anyone has suggestions in regards to the story, gameplay, or enemies feel free to tell me  Smiley

The_Vecter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 11:03:24 PM »

Update 1:
I did quite a lot in this first week.
I made the first sprites, enemies and have started working on the first level.

Here is a screenshot of the start of the first level. There isn't a background or any foliage yet.
https://imgur.com/181vaI0

This gif shows the running animation which is based on the origional contra game.
https://imgur.com/6HJXKyS

Some of the sprites are still placeholder such as the bullets, enemies, and ladder, which is why I haven't shown them in the screenshots.

I also have a twitter which you can follow if you want to: https://twitter.com/TheVecter

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 11:17:21 PM by The_Vecter » Logged
The_Vecter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 11:11:39 PM »

Update 2:
This week I added crouching, enemy sprites, and the first boss. I have finished the level layout, but I think that it is potentially too small, even for a tutorial level.

All of the new features are on my twitter which is where I will be posting most of the new things that I have been working on/have finished working on.

I have a few plans for the story, such as major characters, but my main priority right now is working on the levels, art and main mechanics of the game.

I think that next week I could work on aiming up and down, as that would make combat more interesting and would allow me to think of more enemy types.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic