Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:21:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralweb-game business?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: web-game business?  (Read 1326 times)
yanrov
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »

I really like the freedom of web technologies, how is the market for web-games? How is the gaming experience?  I know HTML5/JS games are highly limited technically, but there some real creative advantages. Is there anyone doing a good job of playing in to the strengths of web-games? 

For example, a game that might let the player have multiple concurrent sessions on different devices/browsers? Perhaps it is MMORPG where they can play 2 characters online in different browser tabs.  Or games that push creative boundaries because they don't need to get approved. A game that lets you share a link from a moment in time of a game session, so other people can pick up the game state you were at? "I'm stuck in this maze, can anyone show me how to get out?". Maybe a Old Time Radio Show CYOA Cthulu game. Most of what I see are tiny casual games like "poke the ball", "made this game over the weekend", etc. It would seem to have a business, you might want to figure out the monetization method first, and let that drive the game. For example, if you decide paid lead generation is your monetization model, maybe you make a free game about motorcycle racing in Chicago, you somehow link that to business selling motorcycles in Chicago.  Or you sell T-Shirts with your Hero on it, etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was trying things outside of the hyper-casual Cordova-wrapped Javascript games sold in App stores, and was trying to work with the strengths of the web platform, instead of just within its weaknesses.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic