Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:04:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralJust a question...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Just a question...  (Read 1715 times)
Ivan1791
Level 0

Ivan Garcia

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2019, 09:59:14 PM »

Is it me or almost noone answers to new posts? I have seen a lot of profiles where you can only find other messages of the author of the post but I never see other people comment. Is this forum really a good place to know people and join a team? Because if very experienced people receive no answer it is obvious that a young composer like me will receive even less attention.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 02:13:22 PM »

There are a lot of spammers and people who aren't particularly good natured who post here so its always a crap shoot dealing with people. I once did a game jam with a stranger and they suggested a game "idea" that someone else had already made as their own project, for example. Its hard to break through everyone's barriers b/c there are a lot of jerks irl.

Do you have a link to your portfolio anywhere?

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 10:02:51 PM »

It's just that the number of people wanting to make music for games is huge compared to the demand (lots of musicians even resort to spamming every little project in development without even checking if it's in need of a composer). I don't know how this forum compares to other places but you're gonna have a pretty rough time catching anyone's attention anywhere.
Keep in mind also that people looking for a gig usually get contacted privately, not in their portfolio thread.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Ivan1791
Level 0

Ivan Garcia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 04:41:35 AM »

There are a lot of spammers and people who aren't particularly good natured who post here so its always a crap shoot dealing with people. I once did a game jam with a stranger and they suggested a game "idea" that someone else had already made as their own project, for example. Its hard to break through everyone's barriers b/c there are a lot of jerks irl.

Do you have a link to your portfolio anywhere?

I see. And I don't have the link of my portfolio.
Ivan1791
Level 0

Ivan Garcia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 04:41:55 AM »

It's just that the number of people wanting to make music for games is huge compared to the demand (lots of musicians even resort to spamming every little project in development without even checking if it's in need of a composer). I don't know how this forum compares to other places but you're gonna have a pretty rough time catching anyone's attention anywhere.
Keep in mind also that people looking for a gig usually get contacted privately, not in their portfolio thread.

I understand.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic