Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411974 Posts in 69437 Topics- by 58485 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 08:14:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSUGURI Perfect Edition discussion thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SUGURI Perfect Edition discussion thread  (Read 2600 times)
linger
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2009, 06:47:32 AM »

Now up for pre-order:

http://www.rockinandroid.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=91

We haven't seen many legit localizations of Japanese doujin games, but this deal is pretty amazing. Two games plus the expansion pack plus bonus content not available in any Japanese release plus the soundtracks, for just 19.99 (16.99 for the preorder sale)...fgsfds.

I hope we see a lot more from this company.

Acceleration of Suguri is pretty darn fun too, borrowed my friend's import copy before. Sort of like a mash-up between a shmup and Super Smash Brothers. I'm actually interested in seeing what the actual story/text is in this English version.
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 08:46:10 AM »

Looking forward to it! Just.. given delivery times I may have to keep looking forward for a while.
linger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 06:10:22 PM »

Got it in the mail surpisingly fast.

Does anyone know the exact specifics of unlocking the extra characters in X-Edition? I assume that NoName is from the "Night of Miracles" story mode, and QP from the "Pudding Wars" story mode, but I don't know what difficulty/score you need to get in them. Plus I think I remember there being a third form of Suguri, besides the regular and new one in X-Edition you don't have to do anything to unlock.

The original, 1-player game is pretty hard (*ยดД`)

Would be nice to try out the Network play feature too, if anyone wants to do Vs.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »

Excuse my ridiculous ignorance, but um... what is Suguri?  Is there a trailer or something?

Is it actually any good?  I'm not really good at spending money on things I don't know much about....

Wow.. that's a lot of new icons.  Hand Joystick

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
PaleFox
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »

Suguri is a rather popular shmup (or rather, series of shmups now), a rather excellent one in my opinion. It's one of those games which is popular enough to be cloned relatively often. It's not a standard shmup, and you can probably find gameplay on youtube or whathaveyou. Certainly a good game, the demo may be worth a look for you.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 09:38:22 PM »

Yeah, I did a bit of looking around on it.  It does actually seem pretty interesting.  I'm not a big shmup fan (explaining my ignorance on the matter), but this one does seem a cut above. 

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic