Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 08:03:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSnowball Runner - Endless Runner on Android
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Snowball Runner - Endless Runner on Android  (Read 873 times)
protokoll-studio
« on: December 24, 2019, 02:22:27 AM »

Hello everybody,

I'm glad to show you our second game made with Unity for Android : Snowball Runner

Simply guide the snowball to the right or left by pressing your screen.
Try to roll over the snow to keep the snowball always big. If the snowball gets too small, the game will be lost.

And watch out for the few obstacles in your path. A gift appears randomly to slow down the speed of the player

It would be a pleasure to read your feedbacks Smiley

You can download the game here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PROTOKOLLStudio.snowballrunner

How we made this

I made this game with Unity 3D, Blender and Audacity. At the beginning, it was just a prototype to test some feature like endless level generator. At the end, it took 1 month to finish this game for Android.

All the models are made by myself with Blender.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 11:53:43 PM by protokoll-studio » Logged
av
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 02:37:17 AM »

Looks nice, played it for a couple of minutes, scored 62!
I loved the mechanics with snowball increasing/decreasing in size, it adds to the gameplay!
But, unfortunately, there wasn't anything in particular which would make me open it again, sorry if it sounds harsh! Just trying to say that you can explore the whole game in about ~2 minutes. Do you have any content plans or other ways of setting mid and long-term player goals?
protokoll-studio
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 12:03:12 AM »

Hellio
Looks nice, played it for a couple of minutes, scored 62!
I loved the mechanics with snowball increasing/decreasing in size, it adds to the gameplay!
But, unfortunately, there wasn't anything in particular which would make me open it again, sorry if it sounds harsh! Just trying to say that you can explore the whole game in about ~2 minutes. Do you have any content plans or other ways of setting mid and long-term player goals?

Hello

Thank your for your feedback. Do you have any ideas that we could implement to make you want to play again?

At this moment, 2-3 news "map" will be implemented. You will also be able to get a skin (like a fireball) for the fun. And a new gift will appear : you will be able to destroy everything for x seconds
Vladan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 12:23:35 AM »

I also liked the the mechanic of snowball increasing in size. But the problem I had was that once the snowball reached certain size, it was impossible to make it smaller, because I couldn't avoid touching the snow piles. It might be better, if there was fixed size center of the ball, that would be used for snow piles collision, instead of the entire ball. This would also make it more difficult to gather snow around trees without crashing, forcing you to carefully choose where you go.
protokoll-studio
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 01:15:49 AM »

I also liked the the mechanic of snowball increasing in size. But the problem I had was that once the snowball reached certain size, it was impossible to make it smaller, because I couldn't avoid touching the snow piles. It might be better, if there was fixed size center of the ball, that would be used for snow piles collision, instead of the entire ball. This would also make it more difficult to gather snow around trees without crashing, forcing you to carefully choose where you go.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. It would also be possible to make the maximum size of the ball smaller and make it smaller quickly when the ball is to big. There are so much possibilities but thank you for your idea Smiley
protokoll-studio
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 11:52:46 PM »

I recently released the version 1.3 of Snowball Runner on Google Play :

- Fix a bug with a map when you start the game
- Maximum size of the smaller ball
- Added a level with cars. You have to reach at least 100 points to see them.

Here is a screenshot of the cars when you reach 100 points or more :

Enjoy Smiley
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:11:10 AM by protokoll-studio » Logged
protokoll-studio
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:41 AM »

I have just released the version 1.5 of Snowball Runner on Google Play :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PROTOKOLLStudio.snowballrunner

- You can now use the button "One last chance" by watching an ad. It will give you a chance to restart the game where you died
- Cars appears at 50 points
- Trail more blurry
- Add button image
- Fix a bug

The next update will have a new map. Of course, I will give you some informations about that Smiley
protokoll-studio
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 04:19:26 AM »

Hello TIG,

Today I show you the Update 1.6 and 1.7 of Snowball Runner available on the Play Store:

What's new for this version 1.6 :
You can now unlock up to 3 items when your reach some specific points. If you can't reach the specific points, you can reach the minimum points (for each item) and watch a little ad to unlock the item.

Also fixed/added :
- New color for the car
- Also fix the color light for the cars
- Scoring in bold
- System notification
- Fix the trail of the snowball when the player has enabled the 3 items

As usual, some screenshot Smiley

protokoll-studio
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 09:34:39 AM »

Hello guys,

Little up to show you the new map for "Snowball Runner" always available on the Play Store.
I also implemented a notification when you pick up a gift Smiley

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 09:41:11 AM by protokoll-studio » Logged
protokoll-studio
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 06:55:27 AM »

Hello,

I would like to create each 1-2 month a new map for game but I'm running out of idea.

It would be cool if you can give any idea Smiley
protokoll-studio
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 09:55:35 PM »

Good morning, everyone,

Today I am announcing the new version of Snowball Runner. This version includes a new map "Avalanche".You can now test it by downloading the game on the on the Play Store :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PROTOKOLLStudio.snowballrunner

Some small bugs have also been fixed.

Thanks in advance for your feedback Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic