Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 08:14:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Color Coded Underground: A story-driven rogue-lite
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Color Coded Underground: A story-driven rogue-lite  (Read 1745 times)
Cpaz
Level 0

Always fumbling around

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2020, 11:05:27 AM »

A story-driven rogue-lite that is focused on color-coordinated critical hits and augmentations.

Strange things have been happening in the underground. Between people disappearing and strange creatures appearing, you find that you have your hands full when approached by Inverse, a dweller of the underground.

You're tasked with reaching the deepest parts of the underground to find the source of the chaos. By any means necessary.

Download and try it on itch.io!

I'm still looking for feedback, so please don't be afraid to let loose on the discussion page!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:51:00 AM by Cpaz » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 08:57:25 AM »

Hello Cpaz,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

Cpaz
Level 0

Always fumbling around

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:33:10 AM »

Hello Cpaz,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

Oh no! I had to skim after a point since I'm currently at work, but this video revealed a *LOT* of existing issues that went under the radar.

First off, guns absolutely work, I just did a terrible job of explaining how to change them. You use the scroll wheel, btw. In the future, I'll probably automatically change to the gun the player picks up.

Also,yes I'm left handed. I meant to change the keybinds back to WASD, but, again, flew under my radar.
You can change them still. There's a config file in the folder for the game.

In the future, I'll also have to better explain how level goals work, since you didn't even know how you beat the first level.

Lastly, there was massive level generation errors. I'm not sure if I've fixed them or not. One of those moments where I'm glad that I put the seed on the hud.

Hopefully I can get a fix out for many of these issues before tomorrow, if not sometime tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the video! Hope I at least kept your interest in the project.

EDIT: Forgot config file location like a dolt.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 03:20:51 PM by Cpaz » Logged
Cpaz
Level 0

Always fumbling around

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 04:00:23 PM »

I've updated the game with a number of bug fixes!

Again, available here: cpaz.itch.io/ccu-prototype
Cpaz
Level 0

Always fumbling around

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 07:53:04 AM »

Many things have changed since the original prototype!
So much so, I've released a demo showcasing everything, as well as the full vision for this project!

Play it here: https://cpaz.itch.io/ccu

Also, check out the trailer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic