Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:05:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTime management and career advice
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Time management and career advice  (Read 1433 times)
Blodvad
TIGBaby

Goth addict

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2020, 08:17:11 AM »

Hi people,

I'm about to attend computer science at university as a way to improve my skills and not necessarily go to work, hence I'm very confused about what to fully pursue.

It's already been two years since I've started learning 3D modeling/sculpting and have been paid for several freelance jobs. Hence, at this point, I lost the passion I initially had for it and I couldn't think of myself doing 3d modeling full-time, despite it being a well-paid career to get into.

Due to my retro gamer soul, I tend to appreciate a lot more pixel art and low poly models than the realistic assets I have to do for clients. The only issue is that making low poly pixel art assets isn't as requested as an AAA artist, or at least it seems like it. What do you think about it?

Also, I find it very hard to properly manage my time due to all the skills I'd like to learn, and oftentimes that leads me to depression and my brain is constantly busy processing what I'd have to do after.
What is your advice in regards to time management?

Thank you, have a wonderful day.

Random person
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 09:53:40 AM »

Maybe small companies, mobile development etc. have more jobs opportunities for who wants to focus on pixel art, 2d and low poly art. Of course big companies are searching constantly for artists highly skilled on realistic stuff, otherwise they wouldn't be called AAA for a reason  Tongue

In my opinion at the beginning is better to focus only on 1 single skill to develop if you want to find a job in the shortest time possible (if you want to work in a AAA company I mean). You can still practice your other passions as a hobby or develop these skills in the future.

Games:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic