Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:31:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWargroove Composer: Consultation & Lessons
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wargroove Composer: Consultation & Lessons  (Read 2275 times)
Phonetic Hero
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2020, 12:06:52 PM »

Hey all,

I'm composer Pete Lepley, aka Phonetic Hero (https://phonetichero.bandcamp.com/), and I've been freelancing in games full-time for 5 years.  I've written music for Wargroove, Sky Rogue, Project M, and others, written official arrangements for Crypt of the Necrodancer, and built a career predicated on musical versatility.  I firmly believe that a strong soundtrack is instrumental to a game's reception and the players' experience, and I've spent countless hours learning how to write effectively in a plethora of different styles in order to deliver on every project I'm a part of.  I'm now offering music consultation sessions to aspiring game composers and studios looking for music direction.  I want to turn my strengths into your strengths.

I'm able to provide professional feedback and guidance on:
  • Melodic writing
    Track structuring
    Motif usage
    Harmonic progression
    Percussion writing 
    Instrumentation
    Working with software instruments for realism
    Stylistic idiosyncrasies
    Synthesis
    Mixing and production
    Using your current skillset to branch out
    Musical direction (game specific)

ALL levels of skill and education are welcome.  If you don't have much formal training, that's no issue at all - neither do I!  As long as I know your starting point, I can easily tailor my feedback to make it maximally effective for you and your projects.  A consultation session is $100 and includes a 1-hour phone/video call (Discord & Skype preferred), music review, technical skill development (production work), and follow-up with resources/notes from the session.

The game music community has meant so much to me, and I'm very passionate and excited about giving back.  Feel free to leave a comment or message me here, or send an email to [email protected].  Looking forward to talking with you Smiley

Pete

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic