Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1398363 Posts in 67584 Topics- by 60921 Members - Latest Member: appkong

January 24, 2022, 05:37:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpace Wreck - hardcore postapocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: Space Wreck - hardcore postapocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout  (Read 17758 times)
Kamazs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2021, 05:54:13 AM »

Basically, with high FOCUS, your character can smell bullshit from afar.

Lie detection is now automatic. And, yes, it sometimes opens new options to confront the NPC.

Context: previously detection was manual but it did not fare well in the testing, so we changed it.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2021, 06:21:14 AM »

Automatic detection sounds like it feels more natural to me. When I spot a lie it is more often subconscious clues, not a conscious decision to look for flaws in someone's argument.
Kamazs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2021, 12:58:28 PM »

Yup, totally agree.
Kamazs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2021, 01:09:06 AM »

NPCs don't take it kindly if you barge in with a gun in your hand.

Be careful when meeting new people in Space Wreck - to show your friendly intentions better holster your gun, otherwise, they get all tense. Additionally, if you try to talk to someone while holding a gun in their face, you'll get an appropriate reaction and options to say.

Also, note the "shoot" option. If you succeed in a FOCUS roll, you deliver a fatal shot from point-blank range. While that is an effective way to get rid of one NPC, you, of course, will become a faction enemy if there are witnesses.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2021, 04:14:37 AM »

Hahaha, that dialogue option! Love it!

You know, this really drives home the point that it's actually a bit strange that you always have to stand right next to a character to talk to them. Why not let me shout "KNOCK KNOCK MOTHERFUCKER" across the room?

Imagine a game with "shouting dialogue" options at a distance (no, I'm not suggesting you do that, you have enough explosive combinatorial complextity to worry about)

Also, do you think there will be walking animations with a gun in the player's hand at some point? I'm normally not a stickler for this but it's a bit confusing that they're upset at you barging in with a gun in your hand when the graphics don't show a gun
Kamazs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »

Shouting across the distance? That's an interesting idea. I imagine it could work better without a dialog screen, just, you, set of phrases on the bottom of the interface, changing dynamically, and you can select them at any point so the conversation becomes something without a defined position and state...

But this is probably not for this game, yeah.

As per gun-equipped animation, yeah, that would be better but, unfortunately, we will probably skip as it is low on priority list.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2021, 08:20:14 AM »

Yeah I figured. Gotta prioritize!
Kamazs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2022, 08:34:44 AM »

Once again we have reworked our UI, this time changing the layout so that all on-screen interface elements are grouped around the screen slate. This way all you need is in one place.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2022, 08:59:27 AM »

Nice

As a leftie: would a left-handed mode that swaps the HP with the right side interface element be a lot of work to add? Wink
Kamazs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2022, 09:13:24 PM »

As a leftie: would a left-handed mode that swaps the HP with the right side interface element be a lot of work to add?

Interesting idea! But, yeah, I actually wanted to try to switch the elements just to see how it feels, but there's a bit of tinkering I don't want to get into right now - e.g. x-flipping the UI graphics is not enough, you have actually probably make separate left/right versions.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: Today at 01:42:23 AM »

It only really matters when playing this game on a tablet-like device anyway, lefties are used to using the desktop/laptop "mouse" with their right hand in my experience.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic