Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:17:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoStay At Home with Dad! : Carpentry Edition [plans]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stay At Home with Dad! : Carpentry Edition [plans]  (Read 3079 times)
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »

Stay At Home with Dad! : Carpentry Edition

The "SAHD!" education series enlightens your children to the valuable life lessons that can only be learnt, not taught. Our "Dad" will show your son or daughter what it's like to know a spiteful old man, and via auditory cues and gameplay mechanics - will instill a sense of resentment and hatred towards any major father figure! Having had his dreams snatched away from him at a relatively young age, "Dad" has come to project the failure and impotence that's followed him throughout life onto his ungrateful child who now depletes his time and money, in the way that only another mouth could! Our realistic portrayal of father-child relationships allows for an exciting exploitation of your child's self-esteem!

Each installment in the series portrays the latest attempt at bonding between "Dad" and his child. Watch as your child tries desperately to please a man who exists only to point out the flaws and short comings in your child's efforts!

In Carpentry, we introduce your child to the soul crushing world of craftsmanship, where every effort is found lacking and every result invariably falls short of perfection! See "Dad" antagonise and put down your child as he or she attempts to construct a pencil holder, a picture frame, a spice rack and other low-ambition projects!

mini-game madness with a genuinely hateable antagonist!

Overview

This is hopefully going to be somewhat like Cooking Mama with more snide remarks and based on the crappy woodwork projects you had to do in school. It's going to use the keyboard as the only input device in some new ways i.e. to plane, you'll have to swipe across the correct row of keys; to chisel, you'll need to tap 2-3 concurrent keys up the keyboard (n + (b||m)),(h + (g||j)) etc.

Goal

Finish each project with minimal mistakes, and your dad has no material to put you down with.

Concept

(i may need to acquire someone with art skill..)

Technical
development will be done in ruby with the gosu library because it's nice

Progress
  • plan it out
  • ?
  • profit

ideas/comments/insults are welcomed!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:43:24 AM by Reverend Kachowski » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »

Man, I'm sensitive to that topic. Concerned

Still, good luck. Grin

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Kneecaps
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 07:02:51 PM »

Actually, if done right, this sounds like it could be really fun.  I'll keep my eye on this! Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »

That sales pitch is heartbreaking...
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 02:38:36 AM »

That sales pitch is heartbreaking...

Crushing, innit? And Genius. Smooth moves, Reverend.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 11:23:15 AM »

Sad yet interesting. i don't know what to think.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 11:25:14 AM »

The reverend knows how to pull on our heartstring. And how to make us seethe with hatred towards bad parents. Or maybe that's just me.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »

Jesus Christ, I thought this was an entry for the adult compo called "Stay At Home with Dad! : Carpentry Edition".

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic