Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:01:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingValorous (PvP turn-based medieval/fantasy warfare)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Valorous (PvP turn-based medieval/fantasy warfare)  (Read 487 times)
Imobla
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2020, 04:57:21 PM »

Hi all,

I just recently published my game on the Google Play Store (meant to be in beta  Facepalm). I noticed I'm getting some downloads happening, but hardly any actual logins. Now, my game requires Facebook login, which makes me wonder if there is a problem logging in or people just do not want to log in with their Facebook account. Anyway, here is my game, so if you're interested in this type of game and have an Android platform to run it on, please give it shot and let me know if it all works well, is fun to play etc. (at the moment you will probably not find any other players, but there is the single player bonus mode and there is a practice mode too). Thanks for your time!

Game Details:

Challenge players around the world in this medieval/fantasy turn-based war game. You will be commanding infantry, cavalry, archers, catapults, mages etc. in a close-quarters battle for power.

- Climb the leaderboard with each win (or drop with each loss).
- No in-app purchases (meaning, no pay to win either!).
- Internet connection and Facebook account required.
- Bonus mode: survive as long as possible in the spider nest!
(more modes to be added in the near future)

Download Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Imobla.Valorous

Screenshots:

* As a fan of tactical turn-based games who enjoys the convenience of mobile gaming, I was more often than not disappointed in the content on the mobile app store within the strategy genre. My main reason being was that most games were pay to win!! Giving up searching what other people have made, I decided to teach myself how to programme (with the help of the Unity community) so I could create the type of game I was looking for. Having a family and full time job restricts my game development time to the late evening (unless I can sneak in an hour or two during the day ;-D) but finally, after many wakeful nights (and some occasional hair pulling), I released my first game: Valorous. If you enjoy playing it, please leave a review and don’t hesitate to contact me for any bugs found, areas of improvement, ideas for expansion, etc. Thanks.
George Hennen
Level 0

yeet

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 12:12:18 PM »

people dont use facebook that wanna play games usually. if they have to they rarely will (maybe 5%). Also, the gameplay is there. just get better art done and release/forget it for some passive income.
Colorize
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 08:13:22 AM »

Yeah, I don't think it's great timing to require logging in with Facebook. The negative publicity over the past year means most people would think twice before connecting their Facebook account with a third party product, let alone a new game they have never heard of.

I'm also not entirely sure *why* you would want to use the Facebook information. From the screenshots I think you are mostly targeting the "traditional" player base, and there is no obvious link to the type of casual games that used to be popular on Facebook.

This is kind of a shame, because the game itself looks fine, so you're creating a barrier for people to join without the barrier having any obvious benefits for you.
Imobla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 06:10:18 PM »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am definitely noticing the very low percentage of Facebook logins to the number of game installs. Based on all of this, I think I may remove the Facebook login then and just use the Google Play Account login for the leaderboards etc. Knowing I'm going to have a very low player base initially, I wanted an async persistent game where both players in a match don't need to be on at the same time. But with Playfab, I need to understand cloudscript.... Huh?.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic