Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:05:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Contract] Project Manager / Consultant / Assistant ?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Contract] Project Manager / Consultant / Assistant ?  (Read 946 times)
FGG
Level 0

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »

This is going to be a weird request, but I need some opinions on how to go about this and whether I can get some help.

I currently work a full time job, doing game development for my business either during the nights of my weekday and/or all day of my weekends. I use to do this full time, and released a couple of games, but decided to take up a full time job to stock up some money for the time being. And also to leave a more comfortable life. I am the lead programmer of my small team. The others on the team are contracted artist, musician, and designer. They are paid for the work they do, when I request it. What matters is that I am the main architect of the game development process on our team. I design, program, and orchestrate about 75% of our business processes. However, I also have a life. I have to balance cooking, store runs, gym, and some social life.

What I am looking for is someone who can act as sort of the director or producer over my current project. Not exactly the head guy, but like a person who has experience in project management and or leading a development team. What the person will be doing is the following:

• Every Monday, hold a meeting with me to talk over business and where we are on our current project. The goal is to see where we are headed and what needs to be done or not done.
  • Keep the scope of the game manageable by the small team size that we have and our capabilities.
  • Use prior game industry experience to make sure we are kept in line and get to a proper release.

You will be doing this job very little, and mostly during the start of the week. This is more of a "check in" kind of task, which is why I need someone who is very good at getting work done. As the programmer, there is only so much I can do at once, so really looking for that person who can really help keep things in order with schedules, timelines, and organization of scope. Bonus if the person has a very good eye in game industry business and knowing what should work or not. I'll be looking to pay on a biweekly basis (twice a month), but payment is negotiable as eventually this won't be a permanent position. If this sounds like a feasible type of thing, let me know or tell me if I am asking for the wrong thing.

Thank you. You can also contact me at: contact [at] fingergungames [dot] com.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:40:59 PM by Cdore » Logged
Jennifer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:58:48 PM »

Hi,

I can help. Please check PM.

Thanks,
Jennifer J
George Hennen
Level 0

yeet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 06:46:55 PM »

This is going to be a weird request, but I need some opinions on how to go about this and whether I can get some help.

I currently work a full time job, doing game development for my business either during the nights of my weekday and/or all day of my weekends. I use to do this full time, and released a couple of games, but decided to take up a full time job to stock up some money for the time being. And also to leave a more comfortable life. I am the lead programmer of my small team. The others on the team are contracted artist, musician, and designer. They are paid for the work they do, when I request it. What matters is that I am the main architect of the game development process on our team. I design, program, and orchestrate about 75% of our business processes. However, I also have a life. I have to balance cooking, store runs, gym, and some social life.

What I am looking for is someone who can act as sort of the director or producer over my current project. Not exactly the head guy, but like a person who has experience in project management and or leading a development team. What the person will be doing is the following:

• Every Monday, hold a meeting with me to talk over business and where we are on our current project. The goal is to see where we are headed and what needs to be done or not done.
  • Keep the scope of the game manageable by the small team size that we have and our capabilities.
  • Use prior game industry experience to make sure we are kept in line and get to a proper release.

You will be doing this job very little, and mostly during the start of the week. This is more of a "check in" kind of task, which is why I need someone who is very good at getting work done. As the programmer, there is only so much I can do at once, so really looking for that person who can really help keep things in order with schedules, timelines, and organization of scope. Bonus if the person has a very good eye in game industry business and knowing what should work or not. I'll be looking to pay on a biweekly basis (twice a month), but payment is negotiable as eventually this won't be a permanent position. If this sounds like a feasible type of thing, let me know or tell me if I am asking for the wrong thing.

Thank you. You can also contact me at: contact [at] fingergungames [dot] com.

I have a lot of experience in the field. Email me for my resume. I can easily help you out with this.
email: [email protected]
Cosmocat Games
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 09:08:21 AM »

Emailed!

Explore the weird and wonderful world of Cosmocat Games
Nomad Hermit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 07:40:23 AM »

I don't know if you still need it, but I emailed you anyway.

Check out my Unity Roguelike Tutorial at http://nomadhermitsgrove.prometheaninteractive.com/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic